Silly Season 2024

There was a brief discussion on DBC this week where they said they believe SHR is likely dropping two charters, and Gene may sell them for below the $40M figure the most recent charter sales were for.

Also mentioned that Tier 1 status with an OEM is worth about $10M in funding.
Not saying it won't happen, but I just don't get why SHR would sell any charters. Gene seems to have an unlimited cash supply and they've been doing a good job of getting sponsorship so far this season. For a Ford team with all younger guys they haven't been running bad at all.

Not saying it won't happen, but I just don't get why SHR would sell any charters. Gene seems to have an unlimited cash supply and they've been doing a good job of getting sponsorship so far this season. For a Ford team with all younger guys they haven't been running bad at all.
It’s always possible they just want to consolidate resources and/or focus on other interests, especially if they’re losing factory support.

I think they’ve done a better than expected job with sponsorship and Gragson and Berry have shown flashes. They could move forward with any two of the three including Briscoe and probably be in good shape in the future.

So many teams are lucky if they even turn a small profit. Maybe Haas can pony up $40M without a factory support deal, but you think Tony wants to share in that? Heck no. Without support I can see them selling a couple of these.

I'm starting to wonder if Dale Jr. is waiting on Childress to get out of racing and he buy that team/charters. They are close. Childress doesn't look to be going anywhere soon. But he's in his 70's and will get out sometime in the next few years.

I'm starting to wonder if Dale Jr. is waiting on Childress to get out of racing and he buy that team/charters. They are close. Childress doesn't look to be going anywhere soon. But he's in his 70's and will get out sometime in the next few years.
Even after RC decides or is no longer capable of running the show I think the succession plan is already set there with the Dillions.

Dale Jr made some interesting comments in one of his recent podcasts about how he didn't like the idea of charters to begin with and if he was required to have one to run a truck or Xfinity car he wouldn't run that series

Even after RC decides or is no longer capable of running the show I think the succession plan is already set there with the Dillions.

Dale Jr made some interesting comments in one of his recent podcasts about how he didn't like the idea of charters to begin with and if he was required to have one to run a truck or Xfinity car he wouldn't run that series
He also said he doesn’t like the idea of being a co-owner of a charter/team.

Junior would be sitting pretty at DEI with a pair of charters in his pocket if he wasn’t so impatient. Still in the B Main.

I’m surprised his sister didn’t see that one coming.

I wonder if this ^ will spark some spirited discussion here at r_f?

😇

Junior would be sitting pretty at DEI with a pair of charters in his pocket if he wasn’t so impatient. Still in the B Main.

I still say JR is in a great position with Xfinity.

When the opportunity arises with the money there, they will take the leap into Cup. Jr and Kelley want those sponsors set before anything else.

Theresa never would have sold if JR didn't leave, JR brought in all the sponsorship money.

Ya can't do too much tugging on Jr's Superman cape around here, but it is interesting that Teresa is still in partnership with RCR/ECR engines after all these years?

I've never bought that how close they are, meaning RC and Jr. If they were that close, he would have raced for him in 07 when he was a free agent. I just think its as simple as the price isnt right for Jr to get into Cup right now, he may have missed his chance.

I've never bought that how close they are, meaning RC and Jr. If they were that close, he would have raced for him in 07 when he was a free agent. I just think its as simple as the price isnt right for Jr to get into Cup right now, he may have missed his chance.
The price will only go up. It's like waiting for the price of land to go down and it never does because there is only so much land.

I believe it was Denny that said pretty much all charter sales negotiations are dead at this point until an agreement is reached.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I believe it was Denny that said pretty much all charter sales negotiations are dead at this point until an agreement is reached.

Wow, Denny is a genius...who else would realize that if something is potentially going away in less than 10 months, don't spend $40 million on it right now, wait and see if it will be around in the future...

Wow, Denny is a genius...who else would realize that if something is potentially going away in less than 10 months, don't spend $40 million on it right now, wait and see if it will be around in the future...
Easy now! Dennis is no where near that.

You would have a VERY hard time convincing me Chevy would have the slightest interest in SHR, Jr. or no Jr. One, it would be a huge slap in the face to their current partners, and two, the last Chevy-SHR marriage didn't end well. The ONLY way I could see Jr. being interested is if he and Kelly had effective day to day control over the race team. Don't see that one happening either.
I can see that happening with Hoss and Stewart being so busy elsewhere. Remember Hoss turned everything over to Tony and so it follows they let Junior and Kelly take over. That is one of the best ways to get rid of the top dead beats and keep friendships.

Back
Top Bottom