Silly Season 2024

Jorge De Guzman

2017, 2021 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
Since this piece of news is a piece of the puzzle for next season and beyond, Silly Season 2024 is upon us. For those posters unfortunately trying to fire Alex….oops. Him and Ally are sticking around for a bit.

Since this piece of news is a piece of the puzzle for next season and beyond, Silly Season 2024 is upon us. For those posters unfortunately trying to fire Alex….oops. Him and Ally are sticking around for a bit.

Hendrick doubles down on the current lineup.

Ally has even become NASCAR's official bank, replacing PNC Bank, for that sponsorship entitlement.

Trackhouse and HMS being locked in is big.

For everybody else it's the race to the 4. Aric has an option on his contract for next season, not sure if that's his choice or the team's to stick around, but I would imagine Cole gets promoted back up the ladder to the 10 when that day comes anyway.

With JGR, you've got the 19, but with Truex being single again, I bet he sticks around for another couple years.

I think Ricky gets the 4, then JTG picks up Todd Gilliland.

Zane gets the 38 fulltime.

23XI buys a charter, maybe from Rick Ware, and the 67 goes fulltime with Brandon Jones.

I can't think of anyone else besides Zane in the #4 next year.

I'd love to see corey lajoie in that ride but I don't see it happening

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think Ricky gets the 4, then JTG picks up Todd Gilliland.

Zane gets the 38 fulltime.
Gilliland can't be happy with the way FRM treated him, I wouldn't be surprised if he left them.
I'd bet on Zane as Harvick's replacement.
23XI buys a charter, maybe from Rick Ware, and the 67 goes fulltime with Brandon Jones.
Jones just left the TRD camp so this seems like a long shot.

Jones just left the TRD camp so this seems like a long shot.
Don't mean **** when the inn at the Chevy Cup camp is full anyway though. He's not going to land at HMS or RCR (even if Kyle left they have Austin Hill on deck), and Kaulig is set with Justin Haley and AJ.

Brandon has been in Xfinity for ages now. If he's ever going to make the move to Cup then it's going to be sooner than later at this point and it's not looking like there's any Chevys available. Ford camp has Zane as we've all mentioned.

If he can get the budget behind him, and he's got deep pockets, then I'm sure Denny would take him in. You look at Bubba and he was brought in to start that team because he had big sponsor hype. Kurt was brought in and he had Monster. They want drivers that bring a big check.

I can't think of anyone else besides Zane in the #4 next year.

I'd love to see corey lajoie in that ride but I don't see it happening

Zane to the 4, I could see that too, but I wonder if Busch would want him, from a marketing/image standpoint. I could see Busch moving to Noah Gragson sometime down the road.

You look at the Busch ad campaign for the last few years and their spokesman is the rugged, semi-lumberjack looking man in the forest. Harvick is at least older/mature. Zane doesn't mesh with that marketing though. Noah fits the vibe better.

Zane to the 4, I could see that too, but I wonder if Busch would want him, from a marketing/image standpoint. I could see Busch moving to Noah Gragson sometime down the road.

You look at the Busch ad campaign for the last few years and their spokesman is the rugged, semi-lumberjack looking man in the forest. Harvick is at least older/mature. Zane doesn't mesh with that marketing though. Noah fits the vibe better.
I guess that's making a big assumption that Busch is staying in the SHR camp. Alway seemed like that was a Harvick sponsorship not SHR

Don't mean **** when the inn at the Chevy Cup camp is full anyway though. He's not going to land at HMS or RCR (even if Kyle left they have Austin Hill on deck), and Kaulig is set with Justin Haley and AJ.

Brandon has been in Xfinity for ages now. If he's ever going to make the move to Cup then it's going to be sooner than later at this point and it's not looking like there's any Chevys available. Ford camp has Zane as we've all mentioned.

If he can get the budget behind him, and he's got deep pockets, then I'm sure Denny would take him in. You look at Bubba and he was brought in to start that team because he had big sponsor hype. Kurt was brought in and he had Monster. They want drivers that bring a big check.
I think Jones will be an Xfinity lifer. I don't see hom go to JRM only to jump ship after a single year.
He can win races in Xfinity but doesn't seem like a likely playoff contender in Cup, even with a solid team like 23XI.
2023 will be his 8th full season in Xfinity. I think if Brandon wanted to go Cup racing he would have made the switch already.

Not saying that scenario is impossible but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think Jones will be an Xfinity lifer. I don't see hom go to JRM only to jump ship after a single year.
He can win races in Xfinity but doesn't seem like a likely playoff contender in Cup, even with a solid team like 23XI.
2023 will be his 8th full season in Xfinity. I think if Brandon wanted to go Cup racing he would have made the switch already.

Not saying that scenario is impossible but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think all that depends on what Menards wants to do.

Some scuttlebutt about replacements in the 4. I’m on board with these fellas, you at least have to make that call.

Why didn't he mention instead that Chevrolet have won all the races instead of the Ford nonsense. Where is Toyota in his biased opinion.
The Eric Jones guy? Damn the contracts they have, they don't count, just pluck Jones out of Legacy and plug him into SHR..what a dufus. I wasted 4:28 of my life lol.

Jordan has broken many a story via The Athletic and his Twitter. Not on the level of Bob, but imo he’s far from a doofus.

Jordan has broken many a story via The Athletic and his Twitter. Not on the level of Bob, but imo he’s far from a doofus.
Ok Idiot will work. I wonder what the folks at Legacy are thinking about a journalist? saying that contracts don't mean anything, while trashing their organization.

“We all know how contracts work” …

What we all know is that 3 or 4 buyouts / cancellations have occurred over the last 40 years or so. Gallagher and Johnson are not idiots and they clearly don’t need the money.

The absentee owners at SHR jacked themselves into this cluster. They’ll pluck somebody out of the B Main crowd and the other 3 will move up a spot in their stellar lineup.

All just my opinion, of course.

“We all know how contracts work” …

What we all know is that 3 or 4 buyouts / cancellations have occurred over the last 40 years or so. Gallagher and Johnson are not idiots and they clearly don’t need the money.

The absentee owners at SHR jacked themselves into this cluster. They’ll pluck somebody out of the B Main crowd and the other 3 will move up a spot in their stellar lineup.

That is my take also. Somebody in Xfinity or the Trucks contract is up. So many are only on one year gigs. There are plenty to choose from instead of forking out untold bucks for somebody under contract.

Sure, call Legacy and ask about Jones. Nothing to lose. Just don’t expect anything other than a flat ‘No.’
no need to call, it's right there on the Legacy web site. Big letters...front page

Having signed a multi-year contract extension with the team in August of last year, Jones has solidified his future with the team and looks to continue building upon his progress from the foundation laid in the team’s first year of competition.

I think SHR has a great lineup. We'll see in the following weeks if they can find some speed.

Sure, call Legacy and ask about Jones. Nothing to lose. Just don’t expect anything other than a flat ‘No.’
my thinking exactly. I never said Erik is going to leave, never even wanted to insinuate it. I just didnt have a problem with the owners at SHR making the call. You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. I have no earthly idea who SHR is going to even get to drive the 4, but they have to get this right.

Yeah some of this stuff reminds me of: yes I sold the truck... you did? was anything wrong with it? It's sold...how many miles were on it? Click.

my thinking exactly. I never said Erik is going to leave, never even wanted to insinuate it. I just didnt have a problem with the owners at SHR making the call. You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. I have no earthly idea who SHR is going to even get to drive the 4, but they have to get this right.

Just me, and my fandom probably sways this, but I'm reaching out to Corey Lajoie. Dude understands the sport better than most drivers out there.

I dont see it. I never have. He's fast becoming the internet's new Champion. Replacing the guy that well.....races trucks now.
Maybe that's the case with others but I've been a fan of his for a long time. There's no denying that that team is doing a lot with less

Back
Top Bottom