Silly Season 2025

He started relatively old and spent his first few years at the mediocre JTG organization. He's a proven winner in the lower series, both Xfinity and Trucks.

A perfect example of stats don't tell the whole story, in my opinion.
Xfinity stats:
Burton 4 wins and 26 top 5s in 75 races
Preece 2 wins and 13 top 5s in 62 races

Burton was at JGR, the class of the field in Xfinity. I'm not sure about Preece, but I believe most of his starts were for underfunded teams.

Harrison took a playoff car and has it 33rd in points, behind Rick Ware. I don't see the comparison between Burton and Preece to be honest.

I'm biased because I really like Preece and I think he'll turn it around. I've actually liked what I've seen from him this past month.

He's a no-nonsense type of guy, just goes out there and does his job. Him and Berry are really likeable.

It would be a shame to see SHR downsize, I think there's a lot of untapped potential in their group.

Burton was at JGR, the class of the field in Xfinity. I'm not sure about Preece, but I believe most of his starts were for underfunded teams.

Harrison took a playoff car and has it 33rd in points, behind Rick Ware. I don't see the comparison between Burton and Preece to be honest.
Preece made 19 starts in a JGR car (his 2 wins came in a JGR car) and 4 in a JRM

Preece made 19 starts in a JGR car (his 2 wins came in a JGR car) and 4 in a JRM
And the other 37 for Tommy Baldwin, Johnny Davis, and BJ McLeod. So that doesn't really prove your point the way you think it does. If anything that says Preece is better because he preformed more in his opportunities in good rides.

At the end of the day SHR selling everything isn't really that crazy of an idea. Tony wants to have a family and Gene seems more interested in F1. Really it seems like there's no succession beyond those 2.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

And the other 37 for Tommy Baldwin, Johnny Davis, and BJ McLeod. So that doesn't really prove your point the way you think it does. If anything that says Preece is better because he preformed more in his opportunities in good rides.
What do you think my point is? It is they are both mediocre drivers...do you have any facts that say otherwise?

Last 48 races:
Burton 3 top 10s
Preece 3 top 10s
1715218908869.gif

What do you think my point is? It is they are both mediocre drivers...do you have any facts that say otherwise?
I personally think you just want to Preece bash because he is better than you want to give him credit for. But this is why it usually pointless to argue with Texans.

I personally think you just want to Preece bash because he is better than you want to give him credit for. But this is why it usually pointless to argue with Texans.
I personally think you just want to praise Preece because of some unknown reason since you haven't provided any facts...

I think Preece is a very good to great modified driver and an average to below average Cup driver

SVG is 15th in Xfinity points. People there are blaming “bad Kaulig equipment” instead of, what I said last year, SVG needing time to adjust.

He is not Cup ready on anything except road courses.
They're stupid children or mouth breathers, thats what you get on there. What I like about this place is everyone is pretty educated about racing and you can have a nice conversation with just a fan like myself ( well i'm not saying everyone has had a great convo with me, maybe a bad example) all the way up to someone involved in the industry like Allenbaba, Spotter or Robert J Sublett. My point is we have a pretty knowledgeable group here and in my time I've learned a few things conversing with more than a few folks here, better than trying to make a case of whatever driver Reddit hails as their champion. But to your point briefly, a guy that didnt even race ovals full time and is 15th in points in his first season racing on the second highest stock car rung of the ladder is pretty damn impressive. If they had brainwaves they would understand that.

They're stupid children or mouth breathers, thats what you get on there. What I like about this place is everyone is pretty educated about racing and you can have a nice conversation with just a fan like myself ( well i'm not saying everyone has had a great convo with me, maybe a bad example) all the way up to someone involved in the industry like Allenbaba, Spotter or Robert J Sublett. My point is we have a pretty knowledgeable group here and in my time I've learned a few things conversing with more than a few folks here, better than trying to make a case of whatever driver Reddit hails as their champion. But to your point briefly, a guy that didnt even race ovals full time and is 15th in points in his first season racing on the second highest stock car rung of the ladder is pretty damn impressive. If they had brainwaves they would understand that.

SVG is incredibly impressive. It’s a shame that it gets lost because his fanbase is the most annoying in motorsports.

SVG is incredibly impressive. It’s a shame that it gets lost because his fanbase is the most annoying in motorsports.
Yea hes made a believer of me, a real talent. I thought he'd be somewhere in the 20-25 range of points while struggling on ovals. He's been anything but that, hes had some really good runs, and he brings the car home in one piece too.

SVG is 15th in Xfinity points. People there are blaming “bad Kaulig equipment” instead of, what I said last year, SVG needing time to adjust.

He is not Cup ready on anything except road courses.
Xfinity isn’t gonna get him cup ready on ovals either. Listening to drivers talk about the differences in cars, he’s gonna be trying to unlearn everything he learned about Xfinity cars.

He got screwed royally at COTA out of a top 5 by running Hill wide or he would be higher up than that. Nothing wrong with driving an Xfinity car, he's adapted from a Super car and that car is closer to the next gen than an Xfinity car. More uninformed nonsense.

Xfinity isn’t gonna get him cup ready on ovals either. Listening to drivers talk about the differences in cars, he’s gonna be trying to unlearn everything he learned about Xfinity cars.

SVG has enough raw talent that he can adapt between cars but Xfinity will help with race craft and the nuts and bolts of how to oval race (finding the right line, navigating lapped traffic, entering/exiting pit road…etc).

Fits my thoughts from earlier on Smith. Is Herbst a sponsorship thing or do they really think he is talented enough for a competitive Cup ride.
A lot of people inside the garage think Herbst has potential. This is a sport that’s gonna put Hailie Deegan in a Cup car in the next few years regardless of results.

Nailed it.

Very well said.

At the end of the day SHR selling everything isn't really that crazy of an idea. Tony wants to have a family and Gene seems more interested in F1. Really it seems like there's no succession beyond those 2.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Would explain why Kevin was never approached with an ownership stake after he retired.

A lot of people inside the garage think Herbst has potential. This is a sport that’s gonna put Hailie Deegan in a Cup car in the next few years regardless of results.
Herbst does have potential. A lot. Up to him if he meets it tbh.
Also SVG imo with multiple top 5s or close to on ovals already, has honestly overachieved this early in his rookie season. Even for Xfinity. It’s simply too soon to know what he’s ready for.

According to DBC

Burton out of 21
Briscoe to 21 is the front runner but could be RFK Ford doesn't want to lose him.
Custer to 34
Gragson has talked to a lot of people some surprising.
Freddie Kraft says SHR is going away TJ doesn't. Front Row could get both but may lease one.
Dale Jr is not buying a charter.
No clear plan for Smith and SVG yet
Brett says Kaulig could merge with Trackhouse.
Freddie thinks charter deal is done within the next month.

Sounds like Tony and Gene are cashing out entirely to me. Matt Weaver is reporting that the SHR charters, and the building itself, are said to be for sale.

https://sportsnaut.com/michael-mcdowell-announces-front-row-departure-as-nascar-silly-season-begins/

The rumors about SHR are interesting. Because I often wonder what is going on with Haas and Haas Automation. 🤔

Work on the proposed new factory in Henderson, NV began in November 2020. Workers cleared and leveled the 200+ acre main site, installed underground utilities and did some other work. But all work stopped in 2022 before laying the foundation of a single building. It's May 2024 and the huge site is still sitting dormant.

Supposedly construction will finally begin in September this year. We'll see.

Meanwhile, the "Debra March Center of Excellence" was opened in August 2023. It's located right across the street from the factory site. It's purpose: "develop, train and graduate skilled workers for advanced manufacturing." In other words, to train workers for the Haas factory that now isn't expected to be complete until November 2026.

The most recent media coverage of this apparent boondoggle appeared in January 2024: Haas will break ground this year (they promise!)

Here's a map link for the site: 2055 Via Inspirada, Henderson, NV 89044

The cleared land on the south side of Via Nobila also belongs to Haas. The rows of equipment visible along Via Inspirada are the big air conditioners that will (hopefully) one day grace the factory buildings. Since late 2022, they've been watched 24/7 by on-site security so they haven't been stripped or stolen yet.

Back
Top Bottom