Simona De Silvestro With Andretti Autosport

D

DanicaFan

It is looking more and more like Simona De Silvestro will be with Andretti Autosport of the IndyCar Series this year for at least the first 5 races. Like all racing, sponsorship will be key and hopefully they can get funds to support this. Andretti has even expressed interest in running 5 cars this season . There have been sponsorship complications Justin Wilson at this time for getting this 4th car which opened the door for Simona.

I think I saw one of her better races in Long Beach or Florida, cant remember which but I don't think she has ever had a good stable locked in ride for any period of time. Whatever happens at Andretti, at least she will be in a decent car for whatever races she is in. So far I see a driver that is fairly conservative and tries to keep the car under her. I'm a follower.

Great news!! I really like her. What a great personality!!

I can't figure out why no one has picked up Ryan Briscoe. I would have thought he would have been snatched up by now.

But hopefully Simona will do great.

:)

I can't figure out why no one has picked up Ryan Briscoe. I would have thought he would have been snatched up by now.

Ryan Briscoe's kind of fallen off the radar.

Jesus ******* Christ, does EVERY SINGLE THREAD on this website have to turn into an anti-Danica thread?

She's still the worst driver and she still has a ride. That annoys some fans, not saying whether it's right or wrong

He's a GM factory driver still, he races for Corvette Racing and still has Sebring, Le Mans, and Petit Le Mans to compete in this year. He also said he's looking for an Indy 500 drive but there aren't (m)any teams with sponsorship that can offer much.

Ryan Briscoe's kind of fallen off the radar.
I know.........But I can't understand that. He won a couple of races his last year with Penske. And I think he is better than a lot of the other drivers. So, I don't know. :(

She's still the worst driver and she still has a ride. That annoys some fans, not saying whether it's right or wrong
I don't think she is the worst driver. When she was in Indycar, if I remember correctly, before she left Indycar, she and Dario had more finishes without a DNF than anyone else. She didn't do that badly last week at Daytona. And in just about every NASCAR race she does finish near the back. But then, (like last week) I look at all of the drivers that she finishes ahead of. She beat Tony Stewart. ??

I wish she had stayed in Indycar, though. I think she could have been a great Indycar driver. But you have to go where the money is. That's what she did. I think she is the fifth highest paid female athlete in the world. So, she's laughing all the way to the bank. That's for sure. I have to admire her for that.

I always said- don't run someone down unless you can do better. And I know on my best day, I wouldn't get out there on a track and beat around without being scared to death. So, anyone who does that has to have some guts as far as I am concerned. I have to give her that much.

But anyway..................to each their own, right?

I think I saw one of her better races in Long Beach or Florida, cant remember which but I don't think she has ever had a good stable locked in ride for any period of time. Whatever happens at Andretti, at least she will be in a decent car for whatever races she is in. So far I see a driver that is fairly conservative and tries to keep the car under her. I'm a follower.
You are probably thinking about St. Petersburg a couple of years ago. She was in third place until the last lap and her tires were really giving out. A couple of drivers passed her on the last lap. I was really rooting for her that day.

The story I read said it was a one race deal for St Petersburg. I was looking to see who is sponsoring her car. I hope it pans out for her.

Back
Top Bottom