Since none of the drivers wanted to be vocal about it...

jaqua19

Team Owner
Luckily we had Tony Stewart tell us about these issues with Goodyear 14 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

why do these tire issues keep happening each week and seem to be getting progressively worse?

This thread will be good.

NASCAR defenders will be all on their nuts

The others will be blasting nascar and Goodyear.

When truly it’s something probably in the middle. But I’m gonna be entertained and I need the entertainment to maybe put me in a better mood.

This thread will be good.

NASCAR defenders will be all on their nuts

The others will be blasting nascar and Goodyear.

When truly it’s something probably in the middle. But I’m gonna be entertained and I need the entertainment to maybe put me in a better mood.
You can always count on Old Smoke for running his mouth.

The greatest thing about this interview is that he didn't even acknowledge the question.

Goodyear is so bad that Tony has them as the official tire supplier of SRX.

So horrible indeed.

It's a lot of work ahead for all parties finishing out the season and going into next year. All that pretty much needs to be said, honestly.

The same reason I didn't give a care about the latest tire thread. Goodyear has recommended tire pressures and the teams don't pay any attention to them. Did anybody pay attention to many of the teams that didn't have any more tires left or had some left but chose to stay out in the last stage with over 50 laps to go and every one of them made it to the end without a tire failure and they couldn't get 35 laps out of the RR before that?

We can argue all week about who's fault the tire failures are, but the fact that those guys that stayed out those last 50 laps and were just as fast as the guys that put four tires on is the REAL problem.
On that last restart I thought Jones with tires 30 lap newer than most and 50 laps newer than a couple
would march thru the field with no issues
sure he got to 6th at the end
but struggled to there

The teams have to adapt to their setups to go with these low profile tires. That or NASCAR needs to figure out a way to go back to the 15" wheels on the new car.

It's the same culprits consistently losing tires, too.

Oddly enough, Justin Marks has explained it on NASCAR Radio many times that Trackhouse follows guidance from Goodyear to a the recommended specifications and rarely if ever have had tire problems this season.

Obviously, 23X1 was forced to terminate their PR person so they could afford to pay their tire bills.

Obviously, 23X1 was forced to terminate their PR person so they could afford to pay their tire bills.

Goodyear will issue the 23XI cars some 'special' tires this week. Denny will wake up Sunday to find his favorite car's hood on the bed.

Nothing personal, you understand. It's just bidness, capiche?

It's the same culprits consistently losing tires, too.

Oddly enough, Justin Marks has explained it on NASCAR Radio many times that Trackhouse follows guidance from Goodyear to a the recommended specifications and rarely if ever have had tire problems this season.
Teams push limits and that may be on them. But that doesn't mean teams and drivers aren't upset about the tires, and that Tony Stewart's rant here isn't hysterical:p

Screenshot_20220926-074421_Facebook.jpg

Back
Top Bottom