Singapore grand prix 2013

Lazyking

Over the Cassill we go
Looks like another Vettel weekend. Almost a full tenth over Rosberg in Qualies.

Something weird about watching a live night race at 7am. Ah, time zones, I love 'em.

Morning race fans.

Cheering for Rosberg for the upset but doubtful it'll happen.

Well, Vettel is checking out. He'll be at the next race before everybody else finishes.

So much talking about 100%, I feel like I'm watching a NASCAR race.

Vettel is a great driver but this is embaressing. I know the sport is vastly popular but any one driver winning by 30 seconds is a joke.

F1 is usually a high speed parade but I saw a few passes (only caught the last half of the race).

Now, why couldn't Vettel's car blow up instead? I hate rooting for someone to have a problem just to make the race somewhat close.

LOVE the podium interview format, though, including the former driver m.c. It'd be interesting to see NASCAR do that.

Vettel is a great driver but this is embaressing. I know the sport is vastly popular but any one driver winning by 30 seconds is a joke.
F1 has out spent and out teched itself. the changes they have made to even up the competition haven't done so, and the tecno car direction with too much outside input, and increased car speed and lessened the racing IMO

Pretty good racing especially towards the end of the race, no fun in another dominating Red Dull victory though.

F1 has out spent and out teched itself. the changes they have made to even up the competition haven't done so, and the tecno car direction with too much outside input, and increased car speed and lessened the racing IMO

I have someone on another forum trying to tell me its driver brillance. I've never seen a driver that much better then the field. If that is really the case then we need new F1 drivers lol.

Or idk F1 has to figure out why one red bul car can be that much beter

w2PN1EM.jpg

I had a feeling that the Formula 1 brass would not look kindly upon Fernando Alonzo giving Mark Webber a ride to the pits after the race last weekend, as reminiscent as it may have been of Senna and Mansell. These days, penalties are assessed! It did look unsafe. Racer article:

"CCTV footage of the incident shows Webber hailing Alonso as he runs toward the track, ignoring the marshals, before he sprints around to the left-hand side of the Ferrari. At that moment, Nico Rosberg has to swerve to the left of Webber and Alonso, before just a few seconds later Lewis Hamilton has to take to the curbs on the outside."

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boo, who cares. All in good fun.
It was entertaining, but extremely unsafe and not very smart on Webber's part. It occurred after the cars had taken the checkered flag, so the track marshals may not have been flagging for obstacles like stopped cars on the track, and it happened so fast that they probably didn't have time if they were still flagging. Also, Webber disregarded direct commands from track officials not to go onto the track because cars were still coming around. In the video, it looks like Nico and Lewis both came very close to hitting Mark, or Fernando's car. Just imagine the fallout if someone had hit Alonzo's car while he was stopped on the track.

In the GP2 race earlier that day, on the cool down lap they were having most of the cars exit the track through a gap in the wall. The guy that finished third was going to go by for the podium ceremonies, when one of the cars turned in front of him. The third place finisher T-boned the other guy right behind the front wheel. Only egos were injured. Even on the cool down lap you have to pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom