Singer songwriter Nancy Griffith. RIP

I always loved her voice and music.

Austin City Limits aired the best of Nanci Griffith this weekend.

Listening to her sing "Love at the five and dime (dance a liitle closer) and explaining her acoustic guitar tinging out a Woolworth elevator bought back at a lot of sweet memories.
As I listened I swaddled a sweet little foster baby to my chest with her with head on my shoulder and Nanci sung her to sweet sleep.

I remembered the countless times I watctched Austin City Limits with my dad. There were two enduring Saturday night traditions with my dad, racing in the summer and watching Austin City Limits in the winter.

Nanci was one of the best Austin City singers. They were so much better than ones that played on the radio, along with the limited set repetition predictably they use.

I thought of all the times my dad and I heard someone like Nanci Griffith singing and I was wishing the little baby I was holding would be able to save this memory for her to enjoy throughout her life. I even played it again and hummed the song to her but I know she's just to young to ever remember this moment.
For her it was just a good lullaby at the best.

Nanci Griffiths songs and her sweet innocent soulful voice is a timeless treasure and a gift that will live forever.

I just now seen this thread. R.I.P. Nancy Griffith. A singer and songwriter whose songs were enjoyable.

^ She had a beautiful voice, she seemed such like a beautiful soul to me.

Back
Top Bottom