SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

I haven't been listening the last week or so... Have they at all discussed Ricky's "tapegate"?

If you want to know why I hate much of NASCAR Radio, tune in now. Bagley and Pistone are talking about their role in the future of NASCAR. The Dan Patrick segment was pathetic. I thought the media wasn't supposed to be part of the story. When Bagley starts talking broadcasting technique, I throw up. These guys are terrible. Embarrassing.

If you want to know why I hate much of NASCAR Radio, tune in now. Bagley and Pistone are talking about their role in the future of NASCAR. The Dan Patrick segment was pathetic. I thought the media wasn't supposed to be part of the story. When Bagley starts talking broadcasting technique, I throw up. These guys are terrible. Embarrassing.
At this point, why do you bother subscribing? It reads like it's nothing more than frustrating for you to listen to their channel. I think I'm getting close to a year NASCAR Radio free. And, that was after subscribing to it as far back as the Claire B Lang XM days. I can't say I miss it. Every single NASCAR race is broadcast and available for free through the MRN & PRN apps. Other than that, all that's left are the talk shows. There are other podcasts available on MRN & PRN. Between all of that and following the right people on Twitter, there isn't anything that can be missed about the sport.

At this point, why do you bother subscribing? It reads like it's nothing more than frustrating for you to listen to their channel. I think I'm getting close to a year NASCAR Radio free. And, that was after subscribing to it as far back as the Claire B Lang XM days. I can't say I miss it. Every single NASCAR race is broadcast and available for free through the MRN & PRN apps. Other than that, all that's left are the talk shows. There are other podcasts available on MRN & PRN. Between all of that and following the right people on Twitter, there isn't anything that can be missed about the sport.

Yeah, I ask myself the same question, and then Gille/Larry Mac have Eaker on from Aerodyne, and I am way into it. Now, Bagley/Pistone will go on vacation, and we will have some NASCAR to talk about...and then there's the pre and post race shows. Much I like I guess, but how those boneheads stay on, I just don't get it. I need to stop bitching here, and just use the off button, really.

Yeah, I ask myself the same question, and then Gille/Larry Mac have Eaker on from Aerodyne, and I am way into it. Now, Bagley/Pistone will go on vacation, and we will have some NASCAR to talk about...and then there's the pre and post race shows. Much I like I guess, but how those boneheads stay on, I just don't get it. I need to stop bitching here, and just use the off button, really.

When I had it, I had to pick and choose, that was way back when it was the late David Poole as the morning host. I couldn't listen to him, and most of the call in's seemed like set ups. I had better luck with the shows when the host interviewed guests that were in the business.

When I had it, I had to pick and choose, that was way back when it was the late David Poole as the morning host. I couldn't listen to him, and most of the call in's seemed like set ups. I had better luck with the shows when the host interviewed guests that were in the business.

I am whining here (again), but Bagley and Pistone are such a slap in the face to the sport. I mean, to me, there are many great topics (I like the technical stuff instead of the soap opera crap), and those jacknuts just talk ****. It makes it look like the channel isn't worth the trouble, and in my view, it very much is. Those guys do not understand the sport IMO.

I was a hostage of sorts at the time I had my subscriptions. I had my trucking business going so if I wanted to keep up with the series many times when a race was happening I had to have it. I kept it for a couple of years after I came off the road, but yeah I got fed up too after Tony quit doing his show.

Hey Revman , I missed it what did Bagley and Pistone do with or say about Dan Patrick? Thanks in advance.

Hey Revman , I missed it what did Bagley and Pistone do with or say about Dan Patrick? Thanks in advance.

Honestly man, they were just kissing his ass. Some fringe stuff about Junior's interview with him, and then Bagley goes into his broadcast theory crap where he talks like a student of the profession. He laps it up when people call in to ask him about how he does his job. Makes me puke.

Thanks Revman. I listen or watch Dan Patrick's show most every day. I wish he did more racing interviews and stories. Dan did say one of his biggest regrets is the interview with Dale Earnhardt Sr, He said it wasn't very good and he was scheduled to redo the interview and unfortunately Dale died. Dan said after the first interview he understood Dale better that is why he wanted a do over.
As far as a interviewer , in my opinion Dan is the best. He two golden rules are never ask a yes or no question. And never ask, answer, ask the question. All the Nascar radio hosts are guilty of the second one constantly. Chocolate never asks a question he makes 5 minute statements or when he and Jim do an interview they are always going in opposite directions. It is like to different interviews with the same person.
And Claire is the absolute worst at asking questions. If the question could be said in 5 words Claire uses 50. She works hard and is a nice person but as a radio host she stinks.
All Nascar radio needs a week long course with Dan on how ask questions and listen also. JMHO.

Thanks Revman. I listen or watch Dan Patrick's show most every day. I wish he did more racing interviews and stories. Dan did say one of his biggest regrets is the interview with Dale Earnhardt Sr, He said it wasn't very good and he was scheduled to redo the interview and unfortunately Dale died. Dan said after the first interview he understood Dale better that is why he wanted a do over.
As far as a interviewer , in my opinion Dan is the best. He two golden rules are never ask a yes or no question. And never ask, answer, ask the question. All the Nascar radio hosts are guilty of the second one constantly. Chocolate never asks a question he makes 5 minute statements or when he and Jim do an interview they are always going in opposite directions. It is like to different interviews with the same person.
And Claire is the absolute worst at asking questions. If the question could be said in 5 words Claire uses 50. She works hard and is a nice person but as a radio host she stinks.
All Nascar radio needs a week long course with Dan on how ask questions and listen also. JMHO.

Yeah, I just can't stand Bagley or Pistone interviewing somebody about an interview they did. This is not Broadcaster Radio. This is NASCAR Radio. Your analysis of the on air "personalities" and their "talent" hits at the core of my frustration. Claire is the worst at taking an answer from one person, and forcing a similar response from another in order to advance a "storyline"--something Bagley and Pistone love. Terrible.

Yeah, I just can't stand Bagley or Pistone interviewing somebody about an interview they did. This is not Broadcaster Radio. This is NASCAR Radio. Your analysis of the on air "personalities" and their "talent" hits at the core of my frustration. Claire is the worst at taking an answer from one person, and forcing a similar response from another in order to advance a "storyline"--something Bagley and Pistone love. Terrible.

I posted a clip of Claire in Truex's car doing the lap at Vegas. She was doing her deal. Truex took his headphones off after a while. ha ha. he couldn't handle it.

This chick on here is annoying OMG!!! She don’t even have a clue what she talking bout

This chick on here is annoying OMG!!! She don’t even have a clue what she talking bout

Easy my man...it's Danielle Trotta. Many around here think she is hot, and don't give a **** about what she says.

What was she saying? She's always seemed very in tune to the sport but maybe I was hypnotized by the legs.

:wub:

What was she saying? She's always seemed very in tune to the sport but maybe I was hypnotized by the legs.

:wub:
I forgot .. they was asking her about a race in the past she had no clue about.. and it was a couple other things lol.. you just know when someone doesn’t have a clue what there talking bout... she prob got the job from what you said and how ur acting about her lol

I forgot .. they was asking her about a race in the past she had no clue about.. and it was a couple other things lol.. you just know when someone doesn’t have a clue what there talking bout... she prob got the job from what you said and how ur acting about her lol

Well, she lost her Fox job because that wasn't enough....

About to embark on the most magical time of the year.....Bagley, Pistone, and Moody will be on vacation for the next week. Preparing to binge listen....:D

Yup, moved on to the NASCAR Radio fill in position. Dream job. Okay. :idunno:
Considering that Shannon Spake brings way less to the table than Trotta, I guarantee you she didn't lose her job. Spake isn't even capable of doing what Trotta does on the radio. Why is it so hard to believe that maybe she wanted to venture out and do something other than television? And that perhaps Sirius isn't the destination she referred to, maybe there's something else in the works for her.

Not sure why you dislike her so much.

Me neither..probably doesn't stroke KDB enough.:idunno: She was much better than Spake who replaced her. Spake has had enough time to learn the ropes and she just isn't as good. Trotta had a better TV personality and brought more energy to the program.

Not sure why you dislike her so much.

Me neither..probably doesn't stroke KDB enough.:idunno: She was much better than Spake who replaced her. Spake has had enough time to learn the ropes and she just isn't as good. Trotta had a better TV personality and brought more energy to the program.

Marginal to minimal understanding of the sport. Dresses like she is heading to the bar instead of hosting a show. Many around here like that I suppose. To each his own.

LOL......... I met my wife in a bar........ we've been married 39 years now .......

Geez, man, context. Did she do a freaking NASCAR show before she went out to the bar? Congrats BTW. That's awesome.

Geez, man, context. Did she do a freaking NASCAR show before she went out to the bar? Congrats BTW. That's awesome.
LOL....... No........ she didn't......... I just had to throw that mention in there.......;) In fact...... after 39 years she still doesn't give a flip about Nascar....... :(

But ..... thanks anyway for the congrats........ She's a good wife and mother...........:)

LOL....... No........ she didn't......... I just had to throw that mention in there.......;) In fact...... after 39 years she still doesn't give a flip about Nascar....... :(

But ..... thanks anyway for the congrats........ She's a good wife and mother...........:)

That's awesome man. Cannot get enough of people talking about the ones they love. Good stuff right there. I way out kicked my coverage. Married the greatest person I know, and God gave my son an awesome Mom.

9e440fb80303ada95a749436e3ecc2a0_857f892df7b4cdc5d19568aff38fc8a3.jpg

I try to stomach Bagley and Pistone but I just cant do it. The inside jokes, the sophomoric humor just doesnt ring true with me and what in the hell is up with the Techno music just about every damn lead in after commercial break? Face it boys, you arent hip and thats not the kind of music your audience wants to hear.

I try to stomach Bagley and Pistone but I just cant do it. The inside jokes, the sophomoric humor just doesnt ring true with me and what in the hell is up with the Techno music just about every damn lead in after commercial break? Face it boys, you arent hip and thats not the kind of music your audience wants to hear.
They sound pretty hip to me and I would rather listen to them instead of chocolate or choc.. listening to him cough or say listen hear brotha.. same thing every 5 secs! And what’s wrong with the music? Why can’t it be a variety of music ? I’m glad it’s not just country music or rock. It’s a variety just what nascar needs it’s 2017

They sound pretty hip to me and I would rather listen to them instead of chocolate or choc.. listening to him cough or say listen hear brotha.. same thing every 5 secs! And what’s wrong with the music? Why can’t it be a variety of music ? I’m glad it’s not just country music or rock. It’s a variety just what nascar needs it’s 2017
Choc is a throwback and has great stories if you'll listen no matter how many times he says brother. Whats wrong with the "music"? Nothing when they actually play music, the Techno stuff that they lead in with 90% of the time is garbage. I dont know how hip two 50 somethings can be for you but it doesnt work for me. Your mileage may vary.

Back
Top Bottom