Smoked Chicken

Go Panthers

We are the people our parents warned us about
So I'm going to break out the smoker for the first time this season, going to smoke some baby back ribs and a whole chicken at the same time. I've done the ribs a few times, just never tried chicken.

Anyone have any tips or anything?

Rinse it off good, pat it dry, brush a little butter on it, season it really good inside and out, stick a beer can up it's butt and stand it on end in the smoker so it'll smoke evenly and let'er smoke.

Last edited:
I looked at several but that's the one that I bought and Is being shipped to me. :D

Last edited:
My buddy gave me a book by the original beer can chicken guy. They had suggestions for other types of beverages. Some were fruit juices and juice blends. I can't remember the author's name, I think the book is in my storage.

I looked at several but that's the one that I bought and Is being shipped to me. :D
You probably already know, but if you want to keep that new BBQ chicken rack (or any other stainless or copper cookware) looking new, this is the stuff that we used to use in the restaurant...
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/bar-keepers-friend-21-oz-all-purpose-cleaning-powder/26211514.html
It's best not to use it in the disposer side of your sink, over time it will damage the rubber splash guard.

i need to get me some of that, been cleaning my stuff with purple power

You probably already know, but if you want to keep that new BBQ chicken rack (or any other stainless or copper cookware) looking new, this is the stuff that we used to use in the restaurant...
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/bar-keepers-friend-21-oz-all-purpose-cleaning-powder/26211514.html
It's best not to use it in the disposer side of your sink, over time it will damage the rubber splash guard.
Thanks for the reminder, I need to restock. :D

I use it for lots of stuff, SS fish cleaning station, SS boat parts etc.

I use the beer can and a cheap one time use stamped pie plate/dish/tin. I have smoked chicken using apple juice and it was great. Smoking pork using apple wood gives spectacular results!:smile:

Ended up brining the Chicken overnight, put some olive oil and a little salt and pepper on it, stuck a beer can up its butt and smoked it for 3 hours.

Turned out fantastic...I'll be doing that again.

Back
Top Bottom