So, a funny thing happened at the race I announced today...

So ztevans any trips to Franklin County Speedway on your radar? If so, let me know and I'll have some tickets here with your name on them.

I keep telling myself I need to check out more area tracks. I've really only been to SNMP, since it's just so darn conveniently located.

I keep telling myself I need to check out more area tracks. I've really only been to SNMP, since it's just so darn conveniently located.

You're the only person in America conveniently located to that place.

I love SNMP and I NEED to get there more often but there's nothing convenient about it. That and they're always racing against us.

That's an ... ehhh ... interesting line the #22 took through turn one, there.

JUSTICE!!!! HALEY MOODY WINS!!!

YES! It was pretty awesome. Qualified on the pole, nailed the start, opened a small gap before the competition caution. Outside front row missed a shift on the restart, it was smooth sailing for her after that.

Invert put her sixth for the second race. Honestly, a seven-car invert would have been more beneficial than six, because she got stuck on the outside. Fell to 9th, worked her way up to about 7th before a caution. She tried the outside on the cone rule. It didn't work. Fell back, got back up to 4th or 5th. Another caution. Tried the outside again. Still didn't work. That was the time she crashed.

The whole second race was pretty chippy throughout the field, and she was dishing out just as much as she was taking. Nothing dirty, just bumps here and there. The track was really slick, it showed in all the classes. I think she just tried a little too hard to get back to the bottom when there was a car already there, but I haven't had the benefit of a replay. Other car ended up driving up and over her hood after she bounced it off the wall. Worth noting the other car had just caused the previous caution on the other end of the track, so it's possible he might have just ran over her, both literally and figuratively speaking.

Happened to walk past her talking to friends and family on my way out the gates after Deac McCaskill had finished running away with the Late Model 100-lapper despite the best efforts of Jonathan Findley. Appeared all involved were in good spirits, so the rough ending to their night didn't seem to be overshadowing the big win. Good for them.

RE:Haley's crash, I didn't hear it that way. Talked to one of the other drivers and he said that she was pretty much dumped. If I had my own damn car, I'd take it out there and take care of this ****.

RE:Haley's crash, I didn't hear it that way. Talked to one of the other drivers and he said that she was pretty much dumped. If I had my own damn car, I'd take it out there and take care of this ****.

Fair enough. I sit on the frontstretch, on the turn four side, and the crash was coming out of two, so I couldn't have had a worse view.

I forgot about this when I was posting last night, but one time she made me laugh good. It was in the second race, she was trying to work her way back through the field and got inside a guy. The car on the outside tried to squeeze her going into turn one, so she just dipped two tires on the apron, stayed in it, kept side-by-side out of two, then outdrove him into three. NBD. Damn wheelwoman.

So ztevans any trips to Franklin County Speedway on your radar? If so, let me know and I'll have some tickets here with your name on them.

I apparently missed my chance to take you up on this, but let the record show that I possess a BOGO coupon to return the unclaimed favor for any points-racing night at SNMP this season if you get the urge to pay a visit one Saturday.

I apparently missed my chance to take you up on this, but let the record show that I possess a BOGO coupon to return the unclaimed favor for any points-racing night at SNMP this season if you get the urge to pay a visit one Saturday.

Yeah, I'll be at Southern National sometime this summer. If I'm not in the tower, I'll probably be roaming around the pits - most likely over at Mike Darne or Tommy Lemons' hauler.

Back
Top Bottom