So I am a little confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
55YRQKJ.png

How is Ryan Newman and Matt Kenseth (with no wins) higher than Brad Kez with six wins? Just...what? I thought this points system was supposed to reward wins. o_O

They will probably correct it, but the order doesn't matter as far as the championship. They are all tied.

Maximum number of points that can be earned in a race: 48

Average points per race of top 8 drivers: 125

Wins get you in the Chase. After the reset, a win advances you to the next round. After the next reset, wins again advance you. It's just like any other playoff. It's not rocket science.
Because Newman's & Kenseth's wins got them into the chase. And the next round. & Now to this one.

Thats exactly how decoding this format makes us feel.

The format that promotes & awards wins has knocked out winners & kept non-winners in contention.
Seriously, who TF is supporting or in favor of this format?
Rick Hendrick probably needed to be sedated after today's fiasco.
Does ANYONE agree that Newman should be listed in 3rd???

Brah, I just looked at the silly points and Allmendiger is 10 and Jimmie is 11th. Jr. is all the way back to 15th.

The **** is this ****?

Don't bother, Sliced. They hate the Chase, their mind is made up that they hate the Chase. Nothing else matters.

I'll admit, I'll feel a bit of Schadenfreude if Newman somehow pulls off a Championship win without winning a single race and then Brian France will have to explain how a points system that was supposed to reward wins and supposed to filter the best four drivers of that year at Homestead somehow crowned a winless driver Champion.

I'll be laughing my ass off as Brian will undoubtedly stumble and sweat his ass through THAT interview.

Here's a question that would give this board AND Brian France an aneurism

Why does the champion have to win a bunch of races? Or any for that matter? If someone is able to close the deal out without winning... good for them.

If wins at the right times and a bunch of 43rd place finishes do it... GOOD FOR THEM!

Perhaps the worst part of the Chase is the massive schism it has created between fans.

LOL I dont know where Bestwick got this from but at one point of the race he said fans wanted to see wins be rewarded more. Where are these "fans" btw?

Thats exactly how decoding this format makes us feel.

The format that promotes & awards wins has knocked out winners & kept non-winners in contention.
No.

You can't have 3 bad races in an elimination round and continue... no matter how many times u won in the past 6 months... why is that so hard?

Here's a question that would give this board AND Brian France an aneurism

Why does the champion have to win a bunch of races? Or any for that matter? If someone is able to close the deal out without winning... good for them.

If wins at the right times and a bunch of 43rd place finishes do it... GOOD FOR THEM!
Step away from the glass dik and the torch.

Reactions: JEB
Brah, I just looked at the silly points and Allmendiger is 10 and Jimmie is 11th. Jr. is all the way back to 15th.

The **** is this ****?
Yeah I was thinking about making a thread for that too lol

I've yet to decide if it will be a "Way To Go AJ" thread.. or a "WTF?!!?!?!!!!!!" thread

What do u think? :D

You can't have 3 bad races in an elimination round and continue... no matter how many times u won in the past 6 months... why is that so hard?
No matter how many times this gets explained to you, you wont be able to understand. You came into this sport only having knowledge of the chase & its all youll know.

Do you guys enjoy hating everything?

I mean... dont watch the damn sport if u find the need to complain every damn week... but.. hmmm... wait a sec... racing is awesome! So watch the damn racing then

No matter how many times this gets explained to you, you wont be able to understand.
I was thinking the same thing.

I'd rather be content with what has been a fantastic season so far than bitching constantly about the same damn thing all damn year like the rest of you

I feel that if they are gonna have a chase this format is better. With that being said I prefer the points system that was used prior to any chase system.
175 for the win etc.

In 2015 I'll be hashing pissfests, offering Cali travel packages for the Ping-pong festival at the local city park. :mad:

"SlicedBread22, post: 856667, member: 7141"]Here's a question that would give this board AND Brian France an aneurism

deandre-bruh-o.gif

Thats exactly what we don't want. It puts an emphasis on winning, but damn it sounds good. Yet the execution is so ass backwards. (Excuse my French)

Look at Terry Labonte's last championship. It was a perfect combination of two wins and over 20 top five finishes... Speed, consistency, and reliability. Not plain luck, no offense to Almirola or Dinger. We know damn well they would not compete any other year.

Like the really competed this year?

Here's some food for thought... the only drivers to have won in the chase so far are the same 4 drivers that have dominated the entire season.

2, 22, 24, and 4

... I'd bet everything I have that one of them will be our champion... and they deserve it. Everyone is all worried about Newman and Kenseth making the final 8... do you guys really think one of them will win it all? Come on. Not likely... but "what if" and "how about" will most likely still be the hot topic of the off season .. and thats bull**** :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom