So Is Joey Lucky Or Unlucky?

Tumbleweed

Team Owner
Unlucky that he wrecked but luckier that he walked away from them both. Looks to me like the Dover wreck was the worse of the two. On balance I would say he's lucky. He might want to stay away from orange colored cars from now on though.

Joey's driving style is what makes him a winner but it also can put him in some bad situations. He praised the integrity of the car however, Rusty had a few barrel rolls and survived 30 yrs ago as well. I think the biggest difference in the cars is the drivers seat.

Joey's driving style is what makes him a winner but it also can put him in some bad situations. He praised the integrity of the car however, Rusty had a few barrel rolls and survived 30 yrs ago as well. I think the biggest difference in the cars is the drivers seat.
The seat is absolutely one of the main safety components just like the fuel tank, safety belts, helmet, or any other safety devise in a race car... and they have came a long way from the days of sitting on a bucket or milk crate. My buddy who is one of my ex teammates is going to drive a nitro funny car that is based on the East Coast in a few races this year and he just flew all the way across the country last week and spent 2 days at their race shop just to be fitted in the car and have a seat liner poured. They have to cover the seat in a plastic bag and pour a liquid foam in to it and then the driver has to put his fire suit on and sit in the seat and they pour it all around the driver to make a mold that when is dry will be fitted back into the seat for extra protection.

Joey has no room to talk as many stupid and bonehead moves as he made over the years. I dont hate Logano and would hate to see him happy but that was justice well served.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Joey has no room to talk as many stupid and bonehead moves as he made over the years. I dont hate Logano and would hate to see him happy but that was justice well served.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Justice?? He got turned through no fault of his own, he didn't make a dumb move to get himself wrecked, it came from behind. You need to change your glasses. Joey's comment was he didn't like this style of racing and sooner or later we will have another death. This is not racing, it is throwing the dice and hope you don't come up snake eyes.

Justice?? He got turned through no fault of his own, he didn't make a dumb move to get himself wrecked, it came from behind. You need to change your glasses. Joey's comment was he didn't like this style of racing and sooner or later we will have another death. This is not racing, it is throwing the dice and hope you don't come up snake eyes.
Its racing in every sense of the word. We've been plate racing since 1989 and all of the doomsday scenarios have yet to happen and with the advances in safety over the years is even less likely now. Racing isnt safe anywhere, but the risks have been minimized.

Its racing in every sense of the word. We've been plate racing since 1989 and all of the doomsday scenarios have yet to happen and with the advances in safety over the years is even less likely now. Racing isnt safe anywhere, but the risks have been minimized.
Except to Dale Earnhardt, granted that was 20 years ago now though.

I was always of the opinion that racing was a combination of a good car and a driver with the skills to get the best possible finish with that car. I didn't realize that racing is a combination of rules that makes the winner dependent on not getting taken out by foolish moves of incompetent people. Plate racing does nothing but satisfy those who want excitement without actually participating in anything dangerous.

Yes, I would say he is lucky.....to not have been injured.
Screenshot_2021-04-26 Joey Logano on Instagram “My office got a little dinged up yesterday The...png
Screenshot_2021-04-26 Joey Logano on Instagram “My office got a little dinged up yesterday The...png

Back
Top Bottom