So, we own a car. (dialup friendly now)

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Kinda. Put $500 deposit on it today. Pick it up in 2 weeks (cant next week, i'll be at track, owner will be on his fishing boat in the middle of the Gulf).

Guy in georgia built it and made 8 runs, had a heart attack w/ 4 way bypass, traded for custom built chopper in houston 2 years ago, chopper builder never ran it.

The guy we're buying it from now, his grandson is in Jr's. Well he tried and tried to convince his GS that a super comp would be a more logical step up. GS wanted a door car to graduate to from Jr's, so he bought his kid this car to make the kid happy. Well last month, grandkid says "Grandad, i decided i'd rather have a dragster". So now he sold us this car so he can get his grandson a comp dragster.

Talk about a spoiled kid! So the car only has 8 runs, possibly 10 at the most, NHRA certified to 7.50, 440 big block with a 175 nitrous plate and 225 nitrous fogger. No idea what is in the motor. Shifter needs to be moved and that's about it.

http://magnethead794.com/racing/68_camaro/ click on the thumbnails and they'll go full size. Video only works on windows (windows media format, sorry).

That looks like it'll be fun!
Why the passenger seat? :idunno:

It's typical for bracket cars- Allows a crew assistant to ride to the staging lanes rather than walk, for when you dont have a moped/pit bike/ect. Or, as it is right now, it can be a bottle and extinguisher holder.

nice :) what are you going to do with it now that you have it?

Back
Top Bottom