so why the la coliseum?????

acmerocket

Team Owner
i live near la and i dont think i will go.if they wanted a race near la,i think they have kicked california speedway in the ass and got the new track done,ive would have gone to that.there are so many tracks in the usa that would love to have this race,i just do understand.

i live near la and i dont think i will go.if they wanted a race near la,i think they have kicked california speedway in the ass and got the new track done,ive would have gone to that.there are so many tracks in the usa that would love to have this race,i just do understand.

The Fontana short track deal is on hold.

PHELPS: ”I don’t know. There are a lot of uphill battles we have from a timing perspective. We are hopeful, right? Part of it has to do with there’s going to be a conversion of the two mile, right? What we know as the two-mile racetrack where we’re going to race next year, we’re selling some land around that. There are entitlements to it that no one really cares about, but we’ve got to make sure those things get done so we then can take the next steps to build that short track.

It's something that's never really been done before, and at a venue that's already famous on its own. Racing there has a huge novelty factor that can't be found at other locations. I don't really know what to expect racing quality wise but I'm excited for it just to see what happens. If it's good race and a hit with fans then cool make it a tradition. If it sucks and fans don't care for it then oh well on to Daytona. Doesn't hurt to try something new.

I bet they sell far more tickets to this than they have to the Clash in many years, probably more than any Fontana race in quite a while too. Phelps said something like 50% of ticket buyers so far are new NASCAR attendees. The stadium concept is something they’re looking at doing for a points-paying event eventually for certain.

Responses like this seem so against the very spirit of conversation to me. We're members of a forum, we're not reporters. If you want documentation backing up every post then go read the news.
My point was that there's no proof that tracks want to host this, beyond the existing facilities that already host Cup events. acmerocket is working from an unsupported assumption. The question isn't why didn't NASCAR go somewhere else, it's why LA? Because it's the second largest TV market, one that hasn't been visited by NASCAR since March 2020. If they waited on the Fontana reconfig, it'd be over three years since they hit SoCal. That's too long to be absent from a town that even the NFL has a hard time keeping interested.

I don't think it's too much to expect people to back up thier statements. The problem with telling others to do the research is when you can't find the source material, the original poster can blame you as a lousy searcher. "The info is out there; it's not my fault you can't find it," especially if the OP never had evidence in the first place.

Last edited:
My point was that there's no proof that tracks want to host this, beyond the existing facilities that already host Cup events. acmerocket is working from an unsupported assumption. The question isn't why didn't NASCAR go somewhere else, it's why LA? Because it's the second largest TV market, one that hasn't been visited by NASCAR since March 2020. If they waited on the Fontana reconfig, it'd be over three years since they hit SoCal. That's too long to be absent from a town that even the NFL has a hard time keeping interested.

I don't think it's too much to expect people to back up thier statements. The problem with telling others to do the research is when you can't find the source material, the original poster can blame you as a lousy searcher. "The info is out there; it's not my fault you can't find it," especially if the OP never had evidence in the first place.
Phelps says it's number one :idunno:
I’ll call it the L.A. [Designated Market Area], it’s important. We have more fans in L.A., in that L.A. DMA, than any other DMA in the country. It’s fertile ground.

We finally get a new short track event and people are mad.

I'm super critical of NASCAR's decisions, but this ain't a bad one. They could just take the Clash to Texas and put us all to sleep.

Dont give Texas any ideas. Gotta pay for Big Hoss somehow.

I assume you live reasonably close to LA. Since no one else ask, why don't you think you will go?

Based off my history, yes, it’s usually the alcoholic crowd. Be my guest on where to “hang out”

My girlfriend loves NASCAR and she's no alcoholic. She's actually a probation officer and a certified addiction counselor.

They are out there. Sometimes you gotta convert them. She never even watched a race until we started dating but now she can't get enough of it.

My girlfriend loves NASCAR and she's no alcoholic. She's actually a probation officer and a certified addiction counselor.

They are out there. Sometimes you gotta convert them. She never even watched a race until we started dating but now she can't get enough of it.
Mine too. She runs a non profit in Charlotte, raging alcoholic.

Same my wife had never watched a race, though she prefers dirt racing to NASCAR.

lol. Sounds like you need a lesson on where to hang out, not me pal. You do know that you can hang out at places other than a bar right? But, dont let me stop your stereotyping!

No I don’t I have my own issues I don’t need a lesson right now. I didn’t need the attitude towards me. I come to this place to get away from my mental illnesses, not to be belittled. Goodbye.

Same my wife had never watched a race, though she prefers dirt racing to NASCAR.
My girlfriend is the same. She loves dirt modifieds and sprints but NASCAR got an “it was ok” in person.

No I don’t I have my own issues I don’t need a lesson right now. I didn’t need the attitude towards me. I come to this place to get away from my mental illnesses, not to be belittled. Goodbye.
This is the third poster you’ve gone after in less than a week ...

Give it a rest. Get help.

My wife prefers Formula 1 to NASCAR because of the Netflix Series, shes become a huge fan. She also likes Dirt Racing and SRX better than NASCAR. But she will lovingly attend races with me which is pretty good if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom