so why the la coliseum?????

There are only two types of people who go to NASCAR races. One is a foul-mouthed, tattooed, tobacco-spitting, shirtless drunk ... and the other is her boyfriend.
My foul-mouthed, tattooed, tobacco-spitting girlfriend has never gone shirtless at a NASCAR race.

At least not yet. :cool:

Dated a chick who was a nascar fan… she was crazy as hell and I’m at a different point in life but it was a hell of a ride. 10/10 recommend everyone tries it once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, where is she at? I will try it once, but am i going to need some spurs and a whip? :)

Last edited:
Ok, where is she at? I will try it once, but am i going to need some spurs and a whip? :)
Worth trying for a few weeks. Not worth trying for 7 years

Spurs and a whip are in play and will be appreciated by her. Know from experience

Here's a thought on why LA (other than the Super Bowl being there the following week). I don't think a lot of teams have a big inventory of the new car. By eliminating a plate race where there is bound to be a lot of torn up cars, go somewhere where they won't have to trash a whole car.

This backs up my theory on why the Clash is not in Daytona this year.

I hope the Clash is back on Friday or Saturday night in 2023 & the All-Star race is at a stadium with SMI in charge.

Here's a thought on why LA (other than the Super Bowl being there the following week). I don't think a lot of teams have a big inventory of the new car. By eliminating a plate race where there is bound to be a lot of torn up cars, go somewhere where they won't have to trash a whole car.

There are also safety concerns about the car. If they wreck them at 50 mph and see something they don't like, they can figure something out before the Daytona 500. My theory is that this is part of the reason they chose LA.

I'm wondering if this is a "test" to see if they can take this to other venues in areas where they do not have tracks that are close. I'd assume most major college stadiums could accommodate this race if everything goes well in LA? The money isn't really made with attendance as it is with TV rights.

I'm wondering if this is a "test" to see if they can take this to other venues in areas where they do not have tracks that are close. I'd assume most major college stadiums could accommodate this race if everything goes well in LA? The money isn't really made with attendance as it is with TV rights.
I’m not sure if the network money is enough to cover doing this annually. I believe the contract is for a fixed number of races. I don’t know how much say the networks have in exactly which tracks.

I’m not sure if the network money is enough to cover doing this annually. I believe the contract is for a fixed number of races. I don’t know how much say the networks have in exactly which tracks.
If they move it about every year it's still just the Clash.

The top Nascar racing teams in the USA racing on a 1/4 mile make believe track in 100,000 dollar cars, is assinine! I can go to Auburndale Speedway to watch bull ring racing.

I don’t think as many college (or NFL) stadiums can do this like you think.

If they move it about every year it's still just the Clash.
I doubt the networks are covering the costs of building and tearing down the racing surface. That’s coming out if NASCARs slice. Running at a real track eliminates those costs.

I watched them set it up. Everything was modular, catch fence panels, outer walls, safer barriers, it was pretty impressive. All that can be loaded on trucks, used and re-used and I'm betting it will. The costs go way down with the second one.

I doubt the networks are covering the costs of building and tearing down the racing surface. That’s coming out if NASCARs slice. Running at a real track eliminates those costs.
I'm sure it is...but if they are getting enough from TV to make it worth their while?

Maybe not.....but even just a few could bring live NASCAR racing to areas they don't touch.
That's what I was thinking also. I think many areas where it would take an act of congress to build a permanent Nascar track won't have a problem with a one off event in an existing stick and ball stadium.

That's what I was thinking also. I think many areas where it would take an act of congress to build a permanent Nascar track won't have a problem with a one off event in an existing stick and ball stadium.
Yeah, where it makes sense it seems like a good option for a "road show" here and there. And may be will be one of the better (more entertaining?) races?

Wow you're pretty cool on some subjects.... ;)

I watched them set it up. Everything was modular, catch fence panels, outer walls, safer barriers, it was pretty impressive. All that can be loaded on trucks, used and re-used and I'm betting it will. The costs go way down with the second one.
Wembley? :blink:

Back
Top Bottom