Some interesting quotes from Jeff Gordon

• Thread starter 4xchampncountin
  • Start date

4xchampncountin

jg.com

Jeff has a lot to say about his incident with Sterling Marlin, Tony Stewart's bad luck, Jimmie Johnson's day, etc. Some of these quotes surprised me a little bit.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Jun 2 2003, 07:36 PM
Some of these quotes surprised me a little bit.
Suprised you how? I have always thought that Jeff has never made excuses, and I didn't really see or hear any in anything he said.

I can't pinpoint anything exactly, but it just seemed a little bit odd. When the incident happened it appeared more to me like Jeff was just being aggresive and Marlin tried to come down and block him. Jeff taking full responsibility seemed a little strange to me, I guess.

I honestly felt that the incident could be attributed to both drivers. Jeff has always taking full responsibility for what he felt was his fault. He just usually waits until he sees a replay to make an official comment regarding the situation or incident. I didn't find anything he said strange or odd as you put it. And, like you said, you really couldn't pinpoint it exactly.
On to Pocono. ;)

"I definitely got into him, no doubt about it. I certainly didn't mean to. I don't know if I caught the apron or just got a big push. We were racing hard for position, and the front end just took off on me. I tried to stay out of him, but I just couldn't and I clipped him in the left rear. I'm sure he's mad, and I was mad when I got hit by him one time at Richmond. Hopefully, we'll get past it and move forward. He's not a guy that I really talk to a lot and he doesn't talk to me a lot, so I imagine we'll see each other on the race track again soon."

It sound like Jeff himself says he got into sterling, not that sterling came down on him. When I saw the replays it looks like jeff just slid up into him and sterling did not come down.

Back
Top Bottom