Something.....

I'm glad we live in a country that at least has freedoms people can take for granted.

Wow. I'm ashamed.

I also notice that, at every sporting event I attend, at least one male refuses, forgets, or declines to remove his headwear during either the invocation, playing of the National Anthem, or both. Even if the PA announcer mentions it, some dolt somewhere leaves his on. Sad.

That's a very telling photo, Ferg.

And I also agree with Paul.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Wow.  I'm ashamed.

I also notice that, at every sporting event I attend, at least one male refuses, forgets, or declines to remove his headwear during either the invocation, playing of the National Anthem, or both.  Even if the PA announcer mentions it, some dolt somewhere leaves his on.  Sad.

TNW, around these parts, during the National Anthem, a lot of people scream "O" at the part of "Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave,". I guess its a tradtion at Baltimore Orioles (the O's) baseball games..... Makes me want to strangle them.

Another reason I hate baseball.

Sad, very sad. I hope this guy isn't getting paid by the state or workman's comp for a so called disability.

Originally posted by kat2220
Sad, very sad. I hope this guy isn't getting paid by the state or workman's comp for a so called disability.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Originally posted by kat2220

Kat what the hell do you mean? The point of that photo was to point out that the only person giving respect to the American Flag was a gentleman in a wheelchair. Judging by his age, I'd be willing to bet he's a verteran of war.

Of course, you were probably still over here protesting what he was doing.

Go rub your cat for a while.

Originally posted by fergy1370
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Fergy, I got the point of the photo and am ashamed of those who disrespect our country and flag. I am also ashamed of those who end singing our National Anthem "and the home of the braves", which happens often in GA.

I was simply trying to point out that there are also far too many people who take advantage of our FREEDOM and abuse the system shamefully.

And SHILOH, the only thing I have ever publically protested about
was during the civil rights movement.

I try to keep my political and religious beliefs out of discussions even among friends. Does that mean I can't express my views on things like welfare fraud, child abuse, animal abuse, and those who do abuse the freedom our glorious country gives??

I can tell you right now, that most of the younger generation has never been taught correct flag etiquette. They have no idea that your hand goes over your heart, or that you stand when the flag passes.

When attending races, I am ashamed at the huge numbers of people who have no idea how to behave.

At the beginning of each school year, I had to teach my students how to act when the Pledge was said each morning.

You learn all about flag etiquette in Air Force Junior ROTC among many other things.

All children should be taught flag etiquette either at home or at school. I think it's part of being American. I'll bet the guy in the photo is a vet. I'll also bet he's lost some buddies defending that flag.

Just a personal note:

To those of you who are vets or active servicepeople:

THANK YOU for your sacrifice and your courage. You are special people.:thumbsup:

I took 5 semesters of AFJROTC up here in New Jeresy. I learned many leadership skills that have already helped me out with life. I do recommend it to any High School student that has a JROTC program at there school. You kearn a lot of interesting stuff about the military and it helps open your eyes on the many choices you have afer High School (including the military if thats what you want to do with your life).

Back
Top Bottom