Sonoma RACE thread

Someone has to be responsible for maintaining a semblance of order around here or it'll fall into anarchy by lap 20. There's nothing wrong with being expected to handle oneself in a courteous manner, while leaving our sense of entitlement at the end of the driveway.

Not to mention showing respect to those more experienced than ourselves.
All focus and no play makes for a dull day.

"Stick n stones. Its the internet, names are bound to be thrown. There is an off button. Come back later if you have to, to fix the mess".

I don't have the privilege of turning off. And coming back later to clean up makes no sense.
I've been called a "forum Nazi" on this board and have not retaliated -- even though I find that term totally despicable in every sense.

I have no problem with a little off topic wandering during the race, but when it ruins the continuity of the thread it's objectionable.

If you feel the need to air constant garbage during the race, maybe you need to go to the Podium --- there's a no limit thread there.

"Stick n stones. Its the internet, names are bound to be thrown. There is an off button. Come back later if you have to, to fix the mess".

I don't have the privilege of turning off. And coming back later to clean up makes no sense.
Are you being paid to do this? Legit question. If not... if you get too disgruntled there is the off button. The internet is an easy place to get stressed out at. And some people take it way too serious & forget that the internet aint actually there. Cant notice it with the senses. With the punch of a button it could eliminate itself, and its possible to survive without it :p just sayin, some words thrown around on the internet while youre away aint gonna hurt any reasonable person. Besides, a majority of these forum debates smooth themselves over before you intervene anyway :D

Sports & trash talk has been around since animal cage fighting & gladiators, and it always will be around. Its all apart of the fun.

I don't think anyone has a problem with that as long as it stays on the drivers and the racing. It's when people start taking personal shots at one another that an ADULT has to step in.

I don't think anyone has a problem with that as long as it stays on the drivers and the racing. It's when people start taking personal shots at one another that an ADULT has to step in.
Are you being paid to do this? Legit question. If not... if you get too disgruntled there is the off button. The internet is an easy place to get stressed out at. And some people take it way too serious & forget that the internet aint actually there. Cant notice it with the senses. With the punch of a button it could eliminate itself, and its possible to survive without it :p just sayin, some words thrown around on the internet while youre away aint gonna hurt any reasonable person. Besides, a majority of these forum debates smooth themselves over before you intervene anyway :D

Sports & trash talk has been around since animal cage fighting & gladiators, and it always will be around. Its all apart of the fun.

Chex--I have seen it said before--we are all on display here...the forum gets a lot of lurkers, so while the people who are "in the know" may just see bantering back and forth and some jibes at each other. Outsiders may see that and choose to not join. A good forum always wants to attract new people.

TRL has a hard job.

Chex--I have seen it said before--we are all on display here...the forum gets a lot of lurkers, so while the people who are "in the know" may just see bantering back and forth and some jibes at each other. Outsiders may see that and choose to not join. A good forum always wants to attract new people.
Good point. I have seen an inflow of new faces round here lately & that makes me happy :)

Chex, no, I am not paid. I have been here since 2001 --- in Sept., this forum will be 13 years old. We have not lasted this long by letting things go to hell. I've seen many, many forums
start out and disintegrate into chaos because members didn't have any respect for each other. The name calling, racist comments, and downright filth drove many people off because
they wanted to talk about racing ---

I have stayed here through thick and thin because I have a passion for racing and because I want people who have a similar passion a place to talk, discuss and argue. You are young, and
are passionate, I understand that. But just because this is the internet doesn't mean we can't have respect for others, and their opinions.

And to repeat what DanicaFreak said, we ARE on display whether you know it or not. A lot of people lurk to see how we treat each other. New members won't sign up if they see manure being
thrown around with no regard for others.

I'm not asking for all of you to be angels --- ain't happening. All I'm asking is that we act somewhat civilized. If you don't like it, there are other forums --- feel free to check them out. I think you'll be
disappointed.

/rant over/

If this place doesn't have a "singleness of purpose" like TRL is saying, it will degenerate into who knows what, but it won't be a racing forum. I for one don't want to lose the best racing forum on the web to a bunch of off topic B.S. that people don't want to come here.

Yep. There are the ones like us that realize we occasionally need supervision and others that are constantly bitchin about the bitchers that in my opinion cause more of a problem than the original bitchers.
I've always needed some supervision. If left to run amok; who knows what might happen.
It's important that someone is nearby to let me know when I'm having too much fun or I would have it all and I would be rendered funless when there is no more available fun to be had.
:D

I've always needed some supervision. If left to run amok; who knows what might happen.
It's important that someone is nearby to let me know when I'm having too much fun or I would have it all and I would be rendered funless when there is no more available fun to be had.
:D
:D :cheers:

This is good news, in my opinion. About time these circuits got some respect:

TNT eked out only the third increase in viewership for NASCAR Sprint Cup coverage this season.

Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race from Sonoma earned a 2.8 U.S. rating and 4.7 million viewers, down 7% in ratings and virtually flat in viewership compared to last year (3.0, 4.7M) and down 15% and 10%, respectively, from 2012 (3.3, 5.2M).

Viewership for the race was up just 0.3% from last year, rising from 4.66 million to 4.68 million. Still, that marked the third viewership increase of the season for Sprint Cup racing, and the second on TNT.

Considering the competition from the World Cup, and the overall down season for NASCAR, any increase over last year is fairly impressive. Even so, this year’s race ranks as the second-lowest rated from Sonoma since at least 1998 and the third-least viewed since at least 2002.

For the week, NASCAR on TNT ranked as the sixth-most watched program on cable. Only the World Cup and a pair of TNT dramas did better.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/201...s-sonoma-sees-very-slight-bump-in-viewership/

To me the figure above shows just how loyal the Nascar fan base is. They had 24 million watching kick ball, and the race fans managed an increase in viewership while it was going on simultaneously.

I was looking forward to Stewie actually turning around his season with this race, all he did was take himself out of contention with another stupid speeding penalty. I'm starting to wonder if it was only his leg he hurt in his season ending wreck last year cause he ain't thinking to clear out there in traffic.

Back
Top Bottom