Sonoma RACE thread

:fixed:
Sorry man, couldn't resist :D

It's so fast paced. I know they flop like fish... It's just a byproduct of the rules but when you get down to the nitty gritty, it's a very awesome sport. I'm not going to go all chex/wrex and try and change your mind, I'm just sayin!

It's so fast paced. I know they flop like fish... It's just a byproduct of the rules but when you get down to the nitty gritty, it's a very awesome sport. I'm not going to go all chex/wrex and try and change your mind, I'm just sayin!
That Chex/Wrex guy can be a little over-the-top :D

That Chex/Wrex guy can be a little over-the-top :D

Haha he's a funny read and posts awesome youtube clips. I've seen worse. Lol

Don't understand the Star Wars stuff though....

I may as well admit to myself that 2md place kinda sucks. When you're driver is among the top 3 fastest cars every week it's really easy to want more than a top 5.

I may as well admit to myself that 2md place kinda sucks. When you're driver is among the top 3 fastest cars every week it's really easy to want more than a top 5.

I keep catching myself disappointed this season. Then I remember the last few years and go, "oh hell yeah! Another top 5!"

Scoring a tying goal in the last 15 seconds... Playing & watching soccer are 2 different things I guess. Kinda like basketball & golf.
I think neither playing or watching soccer would be of any interest to me and I would have to borrow the tape from Johali somewhere near the start.;)

Of course - as far as Carl goes...Carrie did have a bit more "degree of difficulty"

If we had somebody that could at least keep it on topic during the race, instead of having to deal with a stick n ball cat fight during the race and all kinds of crap that isn't even closely related to the racing. Pretty insane with people who can't understand this, with their off topic agendas during the race. Often wonder why are you here? there is a race on ya goof.

If we had somebody that could at least keep it on topic during the race, instead of having to deal with a stick n ball cat fight during the race and all kinds of crap that isn't even closely related to the racing. Pretty insane with people who can't understand this, with their off topic agendas during the race. Often wonder why are you here? there is a race on ya goof.
Agreed. The thread gets hard to take at times.

It wasn't as bad this week as it usually is though to be honest. But I think we as a group should try to at least keep it on topic in the race thread at least.

And yet when I remove posts, I get called all sorts of names.

some races, you would not be able to watch and enjoy the race, I understand that. :) But sometimes a gentle reminder..or not so gentle might keep them focused. Removing their posts seem to wake up the ones who can't seem to stay focused. :p

In My Opinion TRL you give us a little rope to play around with some, which is expected, and cinch the knot when you have to. All focus and no play makes for a dull day. It's been that way for years on here and most of us like it that way. You're doing great, keep on keepin on.

The above message was approved by "ME"

seems to be getting more facebookie and twitterish to me, most of that stuff is all over the place

In My Opinion TRL you give us a little rope to play around with some, which is expected, and cinch the knot when you have to. All focus and no play makes for a dull day. It's been that way for years on here and most of us like it that way. You're doing great, keep on keepin on.

EXACTLY

Let's hope we have a good race. I want someone new/different in Victory Lane. :)

I know the TV coverage will not please a lot of us, but let's try to keep the complaining to a minimum.

We all know why this has to be posted. If it isn't posted, all you see posted is a constant flow of really non important criticism. Doesn't change the reality that there is a race going on and we are powerless to change the type of coverage. I for one applaud the posting. Too bad we have some that get so out of hand with their posts and language that they have to be removed. But I think it has to be brought up periodically to remind us, or what is the use of having a racing thread.

I remember one race where it was done, can't remember or care who got removed, but when they posted "why was my post removed ew wah wah wah wah" I LMAO . Wanted to say because you were being a dumb azz, but the race was going on. But at any rate glad you did it, because they were junking up the place.

I remember one race where it was done, can't remember or care who got removed, but when they posted "why was my post removed ew wah wah wah wah" I LMAO . Wanted to say because you were being a dumb azz, but the race was going on. But at any rate glad you did it, because they were junking up the place.
Yep. Gets old. It's the same damned people every time too, it seems.

I'm Mr. Gregory, and I also approve this message.

I pretty much look at the race threads as a bunch of racing buddies gathered around the TV watching a race and having a conversation. For the most part, the conversation will be about the race. However, every now and then we may end up talking about something else for a bit, some playful banter between us may get started, or an argument might break out. When you get a group of us together that for the most part are pretty comfortable around and friendly with each other, that type of stuff is bound to happen. And then if/when it goes too far, TRL is that voice of reason in the room that shuts it down and gets things back on track.

I'm quite content with the way things are being run now.

I think I've almost hung myself with that rope a time or two :D

I pretty much look at the race threads as a bunch of racing buddies gathered around the TV watching a race and having a conversation. For the most part, the conversation will be about the race. However, every now and then we may end up talking about something else for a bit, some playful banter between us may get started, or an argument might break out. When you get a group of us together that for the most part are pretty comfortable around and friendly with each other, that type of stuff is bound to happen. And then if/when it goes too far, TRL is that voice of reason in the room that shuts it down and gets things back on track.

goodpost_zps8b959c56.gif
.......i 2nd it

In the last 10 Cup races at Sonoma, there have been 10 different winners.

More road courses = more parity in Cup.

YEP. :cheers:
I think I've almost hung myself with that rope a time or two :D
And Yepper. :D

Same here. Mostly talk about the race while its airing, then wonder a bit during the commercials and then come back on topic when the race is back on. Imo once the race is over, any topic is fair game. Just like buds sittin around shootin the schit.

And yet when I remove posts, I get called all sorts of names.
Stick n stones. Its the internet, names are bound to be thrown. There is an off button. Come back later if you have to, to fix the mess.

Same here. Mostly talk about the race while its airing, then wonder a bit during the commercials and then come back on topic when the race is back on. Imo once the race is over, any topic is fair game. Just like buds sittin around shootin the schit.

Stick n stones. Its the internet, names are bound to be thrown. There is an off button. Come back later if you have to, to fix the mess.

bull****.

Someone has to be responsible for maintaining a semblance of order around here or it'll fall into anarchy by lap 20. There's nothing wrong with being expected to handle oneself in a courteous manner, while leaving our sense of entitlement at the end of the driveway.

Not to mention showing respect to those more experienced than ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom