Sonoma Raceway Pre-Race Thread

Sonoma practice results

1717797876421.png

Practice as I suspected. Hard chargers rewarded.....MTJ style.....I don't think is applicable anymore.

What's with the wall on the inside of turn 11? That's weird/different. I mean that thing is RIGHT on the curb especially at exit. I get that the tire bundles could be nudged to the inside but that's quite an additional incentive not to cut the corner lol.

Pretty interesting…not much grip yet off line, and they’re carrying so much more speed it’s easy to make a slight mistake and end up off track.

What's with the wall on the inside of turn 11? That's weird/different. I mean that thing is RIGHT on the curb especially at exit. I get that the tire bundles could be nudged to the inside but that's quite an additional incentive not to cut the corner lol.
I like it. Tire bundles seemed a little archaic.

The same view I always had once a year on our western swing...Denver, Sonoma, Seattle. Except for 2 years when we hurt both bodies in Denver which forced me to make a 900-mile out of the way detour back to the shop in Southern California to switch those bodies out for 2 new ones before heading north to Sonoma and Seattle. That sucked. That meant I had to drive an extra 900 miles and unload and reload the cars... instead of convoying with the other teams and spending a nice relaxing night at the Nevada/Utah State Line eating prime rib and gambling. :(

Watching all these international guys come in and run nowhere near as well as SVG has in his cup starts just shows how insanely talented he is. He should be in the conversation with Verstappen, Larson and whoever else for best driver in the world. Not only that, he has a half second on the Xfinity field this weekend.

Watching all these international guys come in and run nowhere near as well as SVG has in his cup starts just shows how insanely talented he is. He should be in the conversation with Verstappen, Larson and whoever else for best driver in the world. Not only that, he has a half second on the Xfinity field this weekend.

Let's not blow things out of the water here.... SVG is a talent but Larson qualifying P6 in his first Indy 500 and not walling it the entire month is a lot more impressive than SVG winning in a bizarre rainy Chicago race and now winning in the Xfinity series. And Verstappen is just on another level.

This is the greatest sport. Sitting in a hospital is no fun...but MY NASCAR gives me some relief. I will not miss this race even if I can't be there. Reddick is MY bullet. Hoping for a domination like COTA from a year ago. This is going to be awesome guys!

This is the greatest sport. Sitting in a hospital is no fun...but MY NASCAR gives me some relief. I will not miss this race even if I can't be there. Reddick is MY bullet. Hoping for a domination like COTA from a year ago. This is going to be awesome guys!
Richmond got me through the ER waiting room several weeks.

Eh, with the win SVG is 10th in Xfinity. He has won the races he should have done well on so far but he has to start getting top 5's and 10's on the ovals. I think he can do it, but at 35 with no experience, it's going to be tough. Ambrose and Montoya after years of trying weren't that great on ovals. I think SVG can do better than both though.

Eh, with the win SVG is 10th in Xfinity. He has won the races he should have done well on so far but he has to start getting top 5's and 10's on the ovals. I think he can do it, but at 35 with no experience, it's going to be tough. Ambrose and Montoya after years of trying weren't that great on ovals. I think SVG can do better than both though.
He already has in my opinion. Kaulig equipment isn’t what it was 2-3 years ago. Look at how Allmendinger and Williams are running. He’s right with them on ovals and kicking their ass on road courses.

Watching the 2017 Southern 500 put me in the ER.
Yeah, I've seen the EMTs climbing the risers more than once at Darlington. Nothing like getting re-hydrated with a tube in each arm and cold packs on your head and torso. Glad you weren't permanently damaged (although that would explain some of your picks since then...)

Saw someone get taken out on a stretcher at St Louis a couple sections down from us last weekend. No idea from what. Wasn’t too warm out there, but of course could have been anything. I don’t drink alcohol, but it made me want to buy a bottle from the beer vendor selling in the stands. It was heart warming watching him climb all over seats helping the two paramedics load the fan onto the stretcher and carry them out. Never seen a vendor put so much effort into doing something other than selling what they’re supposed to be selling. He seemed like a genuine good dude!

Watching the 2017 Southern 500 put me in the ER.

Found out who won three days later when I came to.

Hope all goes well for you and yours, @Revman.
Thank you. Watched with Mom....It was awesome. Family and Doctors were shocked at her attentiveness during the race. I have always said that one of the main reasons I love this sport is because fractions of a second matter. We don't have many fractions left with Mom, but we used the ones we had for 3 hours enjoying this sport. The best ****** result I have ever experienced.

Back
Top Bottom