South Carolina 250/400 Weekend(s)

sky

Zombie Zoom LLC

For the first time in recent memory, both events can happen outside the specter of a NASCAR national touring series event.
After I moved to MB/SC the first weekend used to feel like Christmas & the 2nd like New Years... The first week featuring the LLM/SELLM race that was almost guaranteed to be unbelievable chaos & drama unlike any other race in motorsports... The 2nd weekend was for the adults who would party somewhere else and had too many expensive things to host us kids. But you were still elated by the sheer event.

Now the New Florence Motor Speedway is carrying the torch. I will say this, FMS has no fear of selling too many tickets... If history is any indicator, this weekend might be the wildest short-track action of the year. Plus the track has already announced so many participants for both weekends, they have to stop all personal vehicles from entering the pits. Just Go!

For the first time in recent memory, both events can happen outside the specter of a NASCAR national touring series event.
After I moved to MB/SC the first weekend used to feel like Christmas & the 2nd like New Years... The first week featuring the LLM/SELLM race that was almost guaranteed to be unbelievable chaos & drama unlike any other race in motorsports... The 2nd weekend was for the adults who would party somewhere else and had too many expensive things to host us kids. But you were still elated by the sheer event.

Now the New Florence Motor Speedway is carrying the torch. I will say this, FMS has no fear of selling too many tickets... If history is any indicator, this weekend might be the wildest short-track action of the year. Plus the track has already announced so many participants for both weekends, they have to stop all personal vehicles from entering the pits. Just Go!

Hoping for the best for Steve Zacharias and company, they're doing a really great job down there. Between COVID and everything else, Florence in SC and Franklin County in VA are the two hottest tracks in the area right now.

Reactions: sky

I'll be there Next week. #22 with CP3

Pre Entry list

Late Model Stocks

Car# Name Team Hometown Sponsor
09 Riley Gentry Gentry Motorsports Easley, SC Shore 2 Shore
22 Charlie Powell III CP3 Racing N. Charleston, SC Blacks Tire
13 Wes Burton Burton Performance Kannapolis, NC Burton Shocks
1 Nolan Pope Lee Faulk Racing Huntersville, NC
2 Braden Rogers Lee Faulk Racing Huntersville, NC TRC Operating Company
03 Brenden Queen Queen Motorsports Chesapeake, VA Old Skool Video Games
51 Matt Cox McCumbee Elliott Racing Longs, SC Aarons Sales & Lease/Elliott Properties
95 Sam Yarbrough McCumbee Eliott Racing Myrtle Beach, SC Aaron’s / Elliott Property’s / Heritage transportation risk management
44 Justin Johnson Johnson Motors LLC Roxboro, NC Puryear Tank Lines/GXS Wraps
99 Austin Somero S.P Racing Taylors, SC Ted Cook Heating Service/Fika Farms
18 David Roberts Roberts Racing Gray Court, SC
12 Austin McDaniel McDaniel Racing Harrisburg, NC
28 Ryan Glenski Glenski Racing Mooresville, NC
94 Jamie Weatherford JW Racing Darlington, SC Cannon Small Engine Repair and Rental
55 Mark Wertz Mark Wertz Racing Chesapeake, VA CorvetteParts.net/Keen Parts/Dunkin Donuts
22 TY Majeski Chad Bryant Racing Charlotte, NC Chad Bryant Racing
22 Timothy Peters Nelson Motorsports LLC Danville, VA Autos by Nelson/Solid Rock Carriers
59 Heath Causey Causey Motorsports Snow Camp, NC H & A Directional Boring
88 Josh Berry JR Motorsports Statesville, NC All Things Automotive/iRacing
12 Blaise Brinkley Brad Brinkley Racing Sanford, NC Carolina Brokerage/Steel & Pipe Corp.
70 Stuart Ricks Ricks Motorsports Myrtle Beach, SC Coastal Marine
2 Joshua Yeoman Yeoman Racing Lillington, NC Harnett Iron Works
12 Sammy Smith Nelson Motorsports LLC
18 Anthony Adams Adams Racing Simpsonville, SC V6 Conveyors

Darn I'll literally be camping out 20 minutes away while in town for a wedding but the weddings at the same time.

Looks like Dale Jr's there.
He's here. Talked with him earlier and he said he's just "testing" and not gonna race. I think he doesnt want word to get out and the race track gets overrun and the law shuts us down lol. Maybe he will, maybe he wont? Stay tuned

He's here. Talked with him earlier and he said he's just "testing" and not gonna race. I think he doesnt want word to get out and the race track gets overrun and the law shuts us down lol. Maybe he will, maybe he wont? Stay tuned

South Carolina tracks aren't supposed to be open, are they? I know there was a bruhaha over the crowd at Myrtle Beach's last race.

I just got off the phone with Brandon from race22.com and I will be shadowing their coverage of the South Carolina 400. @AndyMarquisLive I know you have worked with this company, you have done so much for the short track community with their brand. I'm honored that they asked me to tag along this weekend, so any advice for a rookie will be greatly appreciated

@Spotter22 It would be great if you and the Powell family wanted to share your experiences and the impact of Charlie Powell's life and career. I'm shaking with excitement guys. Since Jr. was down there running a shakedown today, maybe he'll dress up like the stig and race... who knows.

I'll be seen with a gaudy looking respirator and red and black Martinsville cap over what may appear to be a blonde mullet if any R-F crew wants to say hi... We're all so lucky & blessed this is still happening, can't wait!

I just got off the phone with Brandon from race22.com and I will be shadowing their coverage of the South Carolina 400. @AndyMarquisLive I know you have worked with this company, you have done so much for the short track community with their brand. I'm honored that they asked me to tag along this weekend, so any advice for a rookie will be greatly appreciated

@Spotter22 It would be great if you and the Powell family wanted to share your experiences and the impact of Charlie Powell's life and career. I'm shaking with excitement guys. Since Jr. was down there running a shakedown today, maybe he'll dress up like the stig and race... who knows.

I'll be seen with a gaudy looking respirator and red and black Martinsville cap over what may appear to be a blonde mullet if any R-F crew wants to say hi... We're all so lucky & blessed this is still happening, can't wait!
Stop by and say hello!

I’m planning on riding down in the morning. Brandon is one of my apprentices, lol.

Is Dale Jr racing in this race today? That’d be pretty stealthy of him to do so

E83C5E20-8357-40F2-BA90-4B505D090A7D.jpeg

Amen that was one hell of a way to start my racing journalism career. I see Florence becoming the mecca of Grassroots racing in the near future.

That was a totally different level being in the same room as Andy & Matt Weaver. Got to chat with Matthew Dillner and Steve post.. and boy we were treated to a show...

Just woke up. That was a ton of fun last night.

For those who are interested, here's my recap from the Carolina Pro Late Model Series race: https://www.shorttrackscene.com/pro...pil-victorious-in-cplms-thriller-at-florence/

Matt Weaver handled the recap for the main event: https://www.shorttrackscene.com/lat...st-late-model-stock-crown-jewel-in-his-debut/

Just an epic race altogether, from start-to-finish.

I've got a few things I'll try to type up after church later. Just amazing racing. Steve Zacharias is doing a hell of a job with that place.

"It’s all in car control and in the butt. You’ve got to be able to feel it in your butt" I really like this quote Andy.

Younger folks may not be up on the classics.
Yep, had to look that one up, very nice... It's a wonder how our ozone layer survived the 80's with all that hairspray.

Yep, had to look that one up, very nice... It's a wonder how our ozone layer survived the 80's with all that hairspray.
Probably wasn't hair spray in her case.
She probably used the same type of hair gel that was featured in the "there is something about Mary" movie.

Figured I’d add to this. Heading to Florence today for the modifieds

That was damn good racing yesterday, both the Modifieds and Late Models. A couple more laps and Labonte would've had him. The battle between Millington and Miracle for second in LMSC was as good as it gets. Wish that had been for the win.

That was damn good racing yesterday, both the Modifieds and Late Models. A couple more laps and Labonte would've had him. The battle between Millington and Miracle for second in LMSC was as good as it gets. Wish that had been for the win.

Yeah it was a lot of good GREEN FLAG racing. The winner of the LM race put on a defensive driving clinic.

Labonte put on a show though, that charge the last 12 was unreal

Yeah it was a lot of good GREEN FLAG racing. The winner of the LM race put on a defensive driving clinic.

Labonte put on a show though, that charge the last 12 was unreal

That battle between Zack Miracle and Ryan Millington in the LMSC race was epic though. .007 at the line, wish that had been for the win.

I think the Miracle boy had something for Matt Cox, but Millington used his stuff up to get by Miracle and allowed Cox to drive away.

That battle between Zack Miracle and Ryan Millington in the LMSC race was epic though. .007 at the line, wish that had been for the win.

I think the Miracle boy had something for Matt Cox, but Millington used his stuff up to get by Miracle and allowed Cox to drive away.

Agreed. Honestly he should’ve just moved him earlier and taken the lead instead of going all Martin Truex and playing contact free while burning tires up hooking the bottom like that

Agreed. Honestly he should’ve just moved him earlier and taken the lead instead of going all Martin Truex and playing contact free while burning tires up hooking the bottom like that

Disagree. I like it when people try to race and race clean. The great thing about Florence is, you can do that.

The Charger race, which I crossed the track and left during the red flag, pissed me off because those drivers couldn't stand actually having to race for a few laps and decided to just wreck someone because they didn't want to have a hard-fought battle.

And I don't think Millington moving Miracle would've had any outcome on the race. I think Miracle was either saving tires better or was just a little better, evidenced by the fact that he got back by him on the final lap.

Back
Top Bottom