Southeast short track discovers there are seven days in a week

I was at Open Wheel Wednesday at Seekonk last week. One of the top-tier shows in the Northeast. Car counts were quite low this year but the event usually draws 40+ modifieds. People up here are bitching like mad because they hate the NASCAR Whelen Tour, they think the Modified Racing Series is a joke, and when a new series, the Modified Touring Series pops up for its first full season, they complain how there's too many tours and not enough cars or talent. And of course there's the ROC tour, which most of the fans in my area have heard rumors of its existence but have never seen it in person- kinda like the modified version of Bigfoot.

I'm going to Seekonk again next week for their second annual 200 lap SLM race. Also on a Wednesday. Did you see the finish last year, @AndyMarquisLive ?

I agree you can run short tracks on weekdays all the time. NASCAR would be tougher considering amount of people and the camping aspect to it

I was at Open Wheel Wednesday at Seekonk last week.

Ear infection kept me home, :( But I also heard the car count was low and the racing was so-so at best.
Seekonk was built as a 1/4 mile track in 1946 for midget racing. Through the magic of nascrap and it's magical measuring devices it's now a 1/3 mile track! Will wonders never cease!!
Modified's can barely go 1/2 throttle. It's a one grove track, even the Formula Fours can't hang in the second grove.
Car counts across the board at Seekonk are down. Some blame economics others the Vendetti family management style of our way or the highway.
When Francis goes the kids will sell the land and welcome yet another mega wal-mart.

Back
Top Bottom