Southern 500@Darlington Pre Race

Haha you don't count the minnow pond as lakefront property eh? I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would WANT to go to Myrtle Beach. It's arguably the worst beach in the South!
It's inexpensive. Depending on where you're driving from, it's a half- to full day closer than Florida or Gulf beaches (very important with a car full of kids). Thanks to the Gulf Stream, the water stays warmer later in fall than more northerly beaches. The beaches are reasonably clean. Also, 8 bazillion golf courses, playable year round. And like many other things, for some families, it's a tradition.

This isn't attempt to get race goers to come to MB, it's trying to lure Labor Day weekend beachgoers to drive 1.5 hours and catch the race.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to cash my check from the MB C of C . I'll spend part of it trying to figure out why anyone would go to Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg.

It's inexpensive. Depending on where you're driving from, it's a half- to full day closer than Florida or Gulf beaches (very important with a car full of kids). Thanks to the Gulf Stream, the water stays warmer later in fall than more northerly beaches. The beaches are reasonably clean. Also, 8 bazillion golf courses, playable year round. And like many other things, for some families, it's a tradition.

This isn't attempt to get race goers to come to MB, it's trying to lure Labor Day weekend beachgoers to drive 1.5 hours and catch the race.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to cash my check from the MB C of C . I'll spend part of it trying to figure out why anyone would go to Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg.
The only reason I go up 17 is the golf or kayaking around Murrell's. Still, it's amazing how cruddy that area is compared to Charleston

1630759941036.png

Haha you don't count the minnow pond as lakefront property eh? I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would WANT to go to Myrtle Beach. It's arguably the worst beach in the South!
Excuse me? It most certainly is not. I've got 58 years on this beach and its as beautiful as ever, the 15 million visitors a year agree with me.

Reactions: Pat
Wish they hadnt shot the throwback weekend wad on the first visit this year. It belongs on Labor day weekend.

Maybe Chase Elliott won’t be wrecked out of a win by a JGR driver this time around.

1630854687245.jpeg

1630854744173.jpeg

750 today??

Also, anyone care to share a link to the starting lineup?

I'm currently in NH with horrible service. Took long enough to just post here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom