Special Paint for the #22 at The Winston

W

Ward Burton

This year’s Winston All-Star event will mark the fourth straight season that Ward Burton, driver of the #22 Caterpillar Dodge, will compete in the race that features NASCAR’s most recent winners from it’s elite series – Winston Cup. Burton earned his place in the event through his wins last season, the Daytona 500 and the New Hampshire 300. It is typical of most teams to use the Winston to showcase a special paint scheme and the Caterpillar team is no different. The #22 will showcase ACERT Technology, an option being offered by the CAT Engine division. ACERT Technology is a breakthrough technology for on-highway diesel truck engines that meet compliant emissions regulations while maintaining reliability, durability and fuel economy. It is being offered on five engine models in a range of 190-550 H.P. When the line of engines meets full production in October, it will culminate over 10 million miles of testing. The #22 Caterpillar Dodge will sparkle with silver and black as it competes in NASCAR’s All Star event under the lights at Lowe’s Motor Speedway.
22acert-side.jpg

I think his car looks pretty awesome! :bounce:

I'm sure there will be quite a few new paint schemes for the event as usual. Ward's is cool, but I expect to see cooler.

No kiddin' 4x. Matt had a cool paint scheme for the Winston last year (we watched him win the pole with the 'Killer Bees' on Friday & run 3rd on Saturday) & he ran the same scheme at the 600 the week after. Had to get the TC owner's series diecast when it came out. :)

Jeff Gordon is said to be running some sort of "100 years of flight celebration" paint scheme. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it will be very cool. Dupont is very seldom average in the paint scheme department.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@May 15 2003, 02:24 AM
Jeff Gordon is said to be running some sort of "100 years of flight celebration" paint scheme. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it will be very cool. Dupont is very seldom average in the paint scheme department.
I am pretty sure this is the one you are talking about...
24wright-bros-diecast.jpg

Cool car but I think I like the black car that had the flames up the side that he drove in a few races better.

Originally posted by nascat22@May 15 2003, 04:59 PM
Cool car but I think I like the black car that had the flames up the side that he drove in a few races better.
Yes that one was better...but this one is pretty good too! :)

Originally posted by ward22+May 15 2003, 06:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ward22 @ May 15 2003, 06:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nascat22@May 15 2003, 04:59 PM
Yes that one was better...but this one is pretty good too! :) [/b][/quote]
Hey Ward22, Ward could problebly drive a Ford Pinto and we would think it was cool. :lol:

Originally posted by nascat22+May 15 2003, 07:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nascat22 @ May 15 2003, 07:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -ward22@May 15 2003, 06:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--nascat22
@May 15 2003, 04:59 PM

Yes that one was better...but this one is pretty good too! :)
Hey Ward22, Ward could problebly drive a Ford Pinto and we would think it was cool. :lol: [/b][/quote]
:XXROFL:

That one actually made me laugh out loud! :lol:

Originally posted by ward22+May 15 2003, 02:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ward22 @ May 15 2003, 02:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--4xchampncountin@May 15 2003, 02:24 AM
I am pretty sure this is the one you are talking about...
24wright-bros-diecast.jpg
[/b][/quote]
They were already peddling the die casts on QVC last night. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom