Spectrum Something Something Something Unlimited Lifetime Something Plan--Another 3 year guaranteed & it's not a contract not a contract???

KTMLew01

Team Owner
I don't know what they doing. Rolling something out tomorrow. Internet & 2 lines of 5G Phone or Video, Bundle, that's NOT a contract but guaranteed for 3 years? Everyone gets' automatic speed upgrade to 400 or 600? Internet for "as low as" 30 bucks month?

I'd like to have a reliable TV service again. Sling sucks. Too much buffering, skipping, locking up, pixelating for me. I upgraded to Spectrum One GIG Internetz couple weeks ago. Only thing found different from 500^ is, pictures upload faster because it doubled the upload speed to 40ish. Was 10 bucks month more. Meh.

Medicare Advantage Plan pays for internetz. Will it pay for the video too? I doubtz it. Need to change phone provider anywaze. Verizon seems to have a clog in their network. Phone regularly says, Verizon Network Unavailable. Did it this morning sitting at Hardee's. Might be my 2021 phone? IDK.

Semi-related tidbit...my 2020 TCL Roku Smart TV has gotten progressively slower to inputs. Did complete reset. No help. Bought Roku Ultra I think and stabbed it in the side viscously, like I meant it, and speed went from 80ish mbps to, just checked, 197 mbps. Significantly faster. Whoo-hoo! Something that actually worked!

I don't know what they doing. Rolling something out tomorrow. Internet & 2 lines of 5G Phone or Video, Bundle, that's NOT a contract but guaranteed for 3 years? Everyone gets' automatic speed upgrade to 400 or 600? Internet for "as low as" 30 bucks month?

I'd like to have a reliable TV service again. Sling sucks. Too much buffering, skipping, locking up, pixelating for me. I upgraded to Spectrum One GIG Internetz couple weeks ago. Only thing found different from 500^ is, pictures upload faster because it doubled the upload speed to 40ish. Was 10 bucks month more. Meh.

Medicare Advantage Plan pays for internetz. Will it pay for the video too? I doubtz it. Need to change phone provider anywaze. Verizon seems to have a clog in their network. Phone regularly says, Verizon Network Unavailable. Did it this morning sitting at Hardee's. Might be my 2021 phone? IDK.

Semi-related tidbit...my 2020 TCL Roku Smart TV has gotten progressively slower to inputs. Did complete reset. No help. Bought Roku Ultra I think and stabbed it in the side viscously, like I meant it, and speed went from 80ish mbps to, just checked, 197 mbps. Significantly faster. Whoo-hoo! Something that actually worked!

My takeaway is, your internet price will be decreased if you bundle internet and TV.

They're also supposedly increasing the baseline speeds for Spectrum customers.

I'll believe it when I see it. My Spectrum internet bill is now $100/month for the cheapest, most basic plan.

My takeaway is, your internet price will be decreased if you bundle internet and TV.

I'll believe it when I see it. My Spectrum internet bill is now $100/month for the cheapest, most basic plan.
Yep. Just love three year ish not a contract but it's not a contract guarantee they always push. Spent 20 minutes trying to find the way to add TV and how much total would be, doesn't exist. But I'm paying 117 a month for internet. Or the GOP is paying for it. The guberment anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_20240917_131706214.jpg
    IMG_20240917_131706214.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,850
Says add 80+ streaming channels for 40 bucks. 40 bucks ADDITIONAL to you Internet fee. What happened to the "as cheap as 30 dollars Internet" they advertised? IDK what they doing. But it's first day. Maybe they'll update the page.

Attachments

• IMG_20240917_132027368.jpg
    IMG_20240917_132027368.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
It's one of those deal where you have to sign up then hope & prey...<intended>...they give you some sort of discount. But also better pay attention...they gonna charge you for the box after 6 months.

I can't understand why people are surprised. The streamers have been losing billions trying to run cable out of business. They are going to jack prices up.

Should add, had an outage 6-8 months back for 3 days I think after big storm, when came back up, speed went from 200 to 300. No price change. Got email few weeks later saying they'd given everyone free upgrade. I've always liked Spectrums service. Weather stuff happens. No biggie.

I can't understand why people are surprised. The streamers have been losing billions trying to run cable out of business. They are going to jack prices up.
Not surprised. Just noticed this deal and thought some might like a heads up. Sounds good once they get their ducks in a row. Might have to do what I usually do with them. Cancel for 31 days and NEW CUSTOMER! Start over.

I could just call them and see what's up? Be the smart thing. Not usually my style though, amiright?

I had 200+ channel Tv/Internet/Home Phone bundle for years. Was year-to-year IT'S NOT A CONTRACT, contract. When got to end, cancel for 31 days and sign up again. Then they gave me a 2 year IT'S NOT A CONTRACT, contract. At some point did internet only (200^) and started using full boat Sling ($55ish). Maybe saved 25 bucks? But I swear Sling gets worse and worse. Meh.

When I called and complained to my small cable company about some channels they weren't going to continue, they told me what was happening and what was going to happen years before it did. Streaming was buying up the programming and jacking the prices up for cable. Of course the consumers were going to switch to the cheaper streaming outfits. They broke Cimtel cable, and now I have an inferior streaming product for almost the same price as when I had cable. It just went up 10 more bucks a month so my bill is probably going to be the same it was for less shows than I watched, clunky as hell interfaces and indexes, shuts off for no reasons, lol progress.

When I called and complained to my small cable company about some channels they weren't going to continue, they told me what was happening and what was going to happen years before it did. Streaming was buying up the programming and jacking the prices up for cable. Of course the consumers were going to switch to the cheaper streaming outfits. They broke Cimtel cable, and now I have an inferior streaming product for almost the same price as when I had cable. It just went up 10 more bucks a month so my bill is probably going to be the same it was for less shows than I watched, clunky as hell interfaces and indexes, shuts off for no reasons, lol progress.

The primary reason for cable being expensive has always been the companies that own the networks themselves.

People are getting fed up though. Everybody's trying to find ways to bring prices down and these streaming services increase them every few months.

Need to change phone provider anywaze. Verizon seems to have a clog in their network.
Better double-check which major wireless service Spectrum uses. I'm on Spectrum for cell and I'm pretty sure they use Verizon. Service was decent when we lived near Columbia SC but isn't anywhere near as reliable in south coastal NC. I may switch to service provided by the local broadband co-op, unless that turns out to be Verizon too.

Spectrum in Cola charged me around $320 for broadband and two cable boxes with DVR capability. The local co-op charges $185 for broadband and access to their streaming app from two concurrent devices; they tossed in the two Fire sticks at no charge. The connection is only slightly less reliable but I can put up with a lot for saving $135 a month.

Better double-check which major wireless service Spectrum uses. I'm on Spectrum for cell and I'm pretty sure they use Verizon. Service was decent when we lived near Columbia SC but isn't anywhere near as reliable in south coastal NC. I may switch to service provided by the local broadband co-op, unless that turns out to be Verizon too.

Spectrum in Cola charged me around $320 for broadband and two cable boxes with DVR capability. The local co-op charges $185 for broadband and access to their streaming app from two concurrent devices; they tossed in the two Fire sticks at no charge. The connection is only slightly less reliable but I can put up with a lot for saving $135 a month.
I'll likely just buy a new 75 buck phone and see if it works better. Will have 5G here & there unless my Covid shots have expired.

After looking at channels offered for 40 bucks, it's a no from me dawg. Absolutely nothing I watch. Oh well. Didn't expect it to be better. At some point the bird watching thing will be the ticket. Don't even have to buy bait.

At some point the bird watching thing will be the ticket. Don't even have to buy bait.

Easy, Charlie, don't yank when you set the hook...:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom