Sprint out as the sponsor of NASCAR after 2016!

If the current sponsor of a car like say Miller, was to take over the series, would they still sponsor Brad K?

Hope this means my sprint bill will be cheaper since they'll be saving all that money!

I dont always run a car racing division, but when I do its nascar

There were 2 or 3 of them before they got banned by Nextel/Sprint
AT&T and Alltel were the two that hung around awhile after Nextel/Sprint took over. They were grandfathered in, as both stayed in the sport until 2008. Verizon (which purchased Alltel) actually sponsored the Penske #12 the couple years after that but couldn't put their logos on the car, which was just weird.

Beats by Dre Cup Series

Younger audience here we come :D

In all seriousness, what a twist of events if Nationwide picked up the Cup series.

AT&T and Alltel were the two that hung around awhile after Nextel/Sprint took over. They were grandfathered in, as both stayed in the sport until 2008. Verizon (which purchased Alltel) actually sponsored the Penske #12 the couple years after that but couldn't put their logos on the car, which was just weird.
The point being that these sponsors were forced out of the sport. We don't need that to happen again.

That would be a major conflict of interest.
If the current sponsor of a car like say Miller, was to take over the series, would they still sponsor Brad K?
They could. It's not unheard of for the series sponsor to also sponsor a car in Nascar.
winston2.jpg

Based on all the money they've put in the sport, I wouldn't be surprised if Coke a Cola takes over as new sponsor nationwide or geico wouldn't be a far out choice either.

If coke took over they would likely stipulate no other soft drink companies allowed to sponsor. ie bye bye Pepsi

"The People's Republic of China Cup". Hey, they already own everything else. Use the same trophy but with red flags.

Regarding soft drinks and beer, there are going to be conflicts regardless of who takes over. I can't see someone buying in from a field that's completely new to the sport. If a company isn't already sponsoring at some level, it's because it's decide NASCAR fans aren't in their target audience. The big financial houses aren't coming over here from the golf course.

The point being that these sponsors were forced out of the sport. We don't need that to happen again.
I agree, but at the same time, its probably going to happen again, and I am sure just like with Sprint, those companys will be grandfathered in to run out their contracts with the teams.

But the problem is , I dont think NASCAR is going to have a boat load of fortune 500 companys knocking on the door to sponsor the Cup series, they may have to take what they can get almost.

And one more , some of you have mentioned conflict of interest, XFINITY being the title sponsor for the Busch Series lol, Who owns XFINITY?, Comast, which is the parent company of NBC, not saying its bad , yet. Now, it would sort of be funny if one of the other holdings from Comcast were to take over naming rights for the Cup Series.

Too bad Winston can't come back as a series sponsor. :(

But we can, we need someone named Winston to sponsor the series, or a company that is named Winston

Maybe FOX will aim to top Comcast and we'll get the NASCAR No Spin Series.

If NASCAR can't get top dough, can we just call it the "NASCAR Cup Series presented by sponsor?"

You know, they really should just do something like NASCAR Grand National Series presented by Xfinity. Just give each series a fixed, non-sponsored name and have "Presented by: Coke" at the end.

Time to open the wallet, Dick's sporting goods.

It just rolls off the tongue: The chase for Dick's Cup.

Auto Racing is the only sport where corporate sponsors can actually change the name of the series. I'm not a big fan because it results in things like Dale Earnhardt being called a 7 time NASCAR "Sprint Cup" Champion. I like the idea of a fixed name. Could NASCAR get away with calling it the "Winston Cup Series" without the sponsor Winston? Even ignoring the sponsor, "Winston Cup" has a nice, prestigious sound.

Back
Top Bottom