Sprint Unlimited Pre Race Thread

• NASCAR pace car catches on fire during Sprint Unlimited: With a full moon shining high above Daytona International Speedway, one of the most bizarre scenes in recent memory took place. As the field bunched up for the final 20-lap segment of the NASCAR Sprint Unlimited, smoke began billowing from one of the cars. No, not one of the race cars, it was the pace car. Pace car driver Brett Bodine pulled off the track as the trunk of the Chevrolet SS caught fire. Luckily, safety crews were quick on the scene to extinguish the fire. Come to find out, it was a battery pack used to power external lights that ignited the fire.(FoxSports)(2-16-2014)
    Nothing to do with being a Chevy.

Finally some racing and passing at a plate track. I thought it was a good race. Lots of movement and guys have the confidence to try and pass the guy without getting left out every time. Excited for the 500
I agree best racing i've seen at a plate track in awhile, they should give them the full rear spoilers like at the rest of the tracks and the racing would be even better, don't understand why they don't.

• NASCAR pace car catches on fire during Sprint Unlimited: With a full moon shining high above Daytona International Speedway, one of the most bizarre scenes in recent memory took place. As the field bunched up for the final 20-lap segment of the NASCAR Sprint Unlimited, smoke began billowing from one of the cars. No, not one of the race cars, it was the pace car. Pace car driver Brett Bodine pulled off the track as the trunk of the Chevrolet SS caught fire. Luckily, safety crews were quick on the scene to extinguish the fire. Come to find out, it was a battery pack used to power external lights that ignited the fire.(FoxSports)(2-16-2014)
    Nothing to do with being a Chevy.
I just thought it was related to the other Chevys that blew up :D

All night to be honest.

I'll give Denny props, clearly the best car all night.
Denny had little to do with how good that car was. But he did a good job of staying clear of trouble and making a savvy move to get clear at the right time.
Not trying to dis you, just wanted to say that at Daytona, probably more than anyplace (RP, first race, overblown hype), success is a team effort.

I was thinking they bought it at Hendrickcars.com, seeing how his other cars did. :D

Umm I dont know what you are reffering to. Jimmie took himself out and the rest, including the Stewart-Hass boys got taken out by Matt kenseth.

Denny had little to do with how good that car was. But he did a good job of staying clear of trouble and making a savvy move to get clear at the right time.
Not trying to dis you, just wanted to say that at Daytona, probably more than anyplace (RP, first race, overblown hype), success is a team effort.

No offense taken. I'm not defending Denny. Hell I dont even like him. lol

Back
Top Bottom