Sprint Unlimited Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Have @ it Johali.....

Today's on track activities.....

Friday, Feb. 14

Sprint Unlimited practice, 5 p.m. (TV: FS1)
Sprint Unlimited practice, 6:30 p.m. (FS1)

Now I feel like It's race time, we have a DP prerace thread. :D

Descriptive Forecast
Friday
Abundant sunshine. High 61F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night
Clear to partly cloudy. Low 49F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.

Hourly6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point41 | 3958 | 3458 | 3750 | 41
Wind3 mph North4 mph NW7 mph SSW8 mph SW
Humidity93%40%45%71%
Chance of Precip.NA0%0%0%
Cloud CoverNA0%0%2%
ConditionsNAClearClearClear
Sunrise & Sunset

Last edited:
Descriptive Forecast
Saturday
Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High 64F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.
Saturday Night
Clear. Low 42F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Hourly6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point53 | 5062 | 3959 | 3648 | 36
Wind14 mph SW16 mph WNW10 mph NW6 mph NW
Humidity90%42%42%63%
Chance of Precip.10%0%0%0%
Cloud Cover38%12%0%0%
ConditionsPartly CloudyClearClearClear
Sunrise & Sunset

SPRINT UNLIMITED ODDS
DAYTONA INT’L SPEEDWAY
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2014

** RACE CONSISTS OF 75 LAPS **
Kyle Busch7-1
Matt Kenseth7-1
Kevin Harvick7-1
Dale Earnhardt Jr7-1
Jimmie Johnson8-1
Brad Keselowski10-1
Kurt Busch10-1
Denny Hamlin10-1
Jeff Gordon10-1
Tony Stewart12-1
Joey Logano15-1
Carl Edwards15-1
Jamie McMurray15-1
Ryan Newman20-1
Danica Patrick20-1
Ricky Stenhouse Jr30-1
Marcos Ambrose50-1

The odds are kinda screwy with only 17 entries.

I heard on CNN this morning that Florida was the only state without snow. Time to go racin'.

I was just remembering that great save by Kyle last year, what an unbelievable piece of driving that was. Hoping this years Unlimited will be just as exciting. I'm ready for some racing!!!

I was just remembering that great save by Kyle last year, what an unbelievable piece of driving that was. Hoping this years Unlimited will be just as exciting. I'm ready for some racing!!!

That was the 2012 Bud shootout
18n.jpg
and it was an awesome display of just how much talent Kyle Busch has

I heard on CNN this morning that Florida was the only state without snow. Time to go racin'.
I woke up this morning in a snow storm in Bloomington Illinois, but now i'm at the shop in Chicago, and i can't wait until i'm on the plane back to California in the morning, and then i can say that the first race of my season is officially over.:D

I woke up this morning in a snow storm in Bloomington Illinois, but now i'm at the shop in Chicago, and i can't wait until i'm on the plane back to California in the morning, and then i can say that the first race of my season is officially over.:D

Chicago sucks this time of year, or so I've heard.

Chicago sucks this time of year, or so I've heard.
It's always snowing, raining, or hot and humid. Right now it is just cold, but i think it is suppose to snow tomorrow. Hopefully i'm out of here before it starts.

Oh my God. Is this their new idea of the ticker? The whole right side of the screen?

You must be new to FS1. Bless your heart.

I know how they do 'sportscenter', but this is a racing telecast. Give me back the scrolling on the top. This is like the heads up display in the 90's but bigger, slower, and worse.

Officially my first gripe of the year.

I know how they do 'sportscenter', but this is a racing telecast. Give me back the scrolling on the top. This is like the heads up display in the 90's but bigger, slower, and worse.

Officially my first gripe of the year.
Completely agree. It's an eyesore even on their studio shows.

I know it's practice so speeds are a little irrelevant... But how about some lap times fs1?

These things shouldn't shock me anymore. It's like the people running the show have never watched a race. I'm sure it's temporary.

Kurt leading practice.
Man I'm going to go out on a limb and make a bold prediction that Kurt will win the 2014 Cup Championship!

Oh, wait, I already did. ;)

Back
Top Bottom