Sprint Woes

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sprint Woes? Sprint, the sponsor for NASCAR's premier series, recently cut 4,000 jobs and closed 125 retail outlets. The company reportedly lost 683,000 postpaid subscribers during the fourth quarter of 2007. But NASCAR chairman Brian France isn't concerned that the series will be looking for a new title sponsor after this season, saying he has talked to company officials and they have assured him of their commitment to NASCAR.(ESPN.com)

Anyone else having a problem of when they hear Sprint... they think of Sprint CARS, not the Sprint CUP?

Sprint Woes? Sprint, the sponsor for NASCAR's premier series, recently cut 4,000 jobs and closed 125 retail outlets. The company reportedly lost 683,000 postpaid subscribers during the fourth quarter of 2007. But NASCAR chairman Brian France isn't concerned that the series will be looking for a new title sponsor after this season, saying he has talked to company officials and they have assured him of their commitment to NASCAR.(ESPN.com)
Yeah, and we know how "assurances" go.

No small wonder they are losing customers. I am a customer and have been for 5 years but they are about to lose me.........I signed up with them 5 years ago and bought a cell phone that cost $156. Yesterday I got a letter from Sprint telling me that my phone was out of date and I would no longer be able to use it in the roaming mode. They said that I would have to buy a new phone, pay an activation fee, and sign a new 2 yr contract with them. I am highly PO'd to say the least.

I've been with Alltel and Cingular at various times. I just don't have enough phone usage to justify their rates. I had Cingular's cheapest rollover plan for 1 year and at the end of the year I had 2600 rollover minutes.
I've gone with a pay as you go plan thru Virgin. $20 every 90 days and after 2 years I had a $102 credit. But you still have to pay the $20 to keep the phone activated. It serves my purpose perfectly.
Course with me being on the phone 6 of my 8 hours at work the last thing I'm looking to do is spend more time on the phone.

My husband and I use a Trac-Fone. It may not be the latest and greatest do-it-all phone, but it makes calls and we have coverage here in Palestine --- which is more than I can say for most of the providers.

My husband and I use a Trac-Fone. It may not be the latest and greatest do-it-all phone, but it makes calls and we have coverage here in Palestine --- which is more than I can say for most of the providers.

I bought my dad one of those two years ago. We've never had a problem with it. We were lucky and got a Verizon number. Which is the best coverage in this area.

That sounds interesting. I looked at their website and it may be what we need. All we need is a cell phone for making a call now and then, don't really need all the extras as I don't know how to use them anyhow. My only worry would be if they have service at our location without dropping calls or having to go outside to find a spot where the phone will work.

If you are going to use the phone very much i would not use Trac-fone or an Go phone. They can be very costly.

My bill now is around 100 amonth. 2 phones. I also have an unlimited text messing plan. Most of my mins are moble to moble and nights and weekends when it is unlimited. This is also our only phone. No longer have an home phone.

See Lappy you use your phone a lot more than TRL and I do. For some the plans various companies offer may work best but for others, like me, a pay as you go works great. Virgin is on the Verizon network and I've never had a coverage problem except in those area where every phone has a problem.

I have Verizon, pretty happy with them, my bill is about 150 a month with three phones and 2650 minutes. I use the phone for my company and I have one phone for my wife and one for my grandson, which will come back to bite me cause I got three more grand kids coming of age too. LOL Duane:D

That sounds interesting. I looked at their website and it may be what we need. All we need is a cell phone for making a call now and then, don't really need all the extras as I don't know how to use them anyhow. My only worry would be if they have service at our location without dropping calls or having to go outside to find a spot where the phone will work.

muggle, if I use my phone 3 times a month for a minute or two, that's a lot. I carry it simply to have a phone when/if I need one. As far as coverage goes, I've never run out of coverage except in places where service simply does not exist. When you get out of your home area, it will go to roam and charge you 2 minutes for every 1 you actually use.

My hubby uses his a bit more, but rarely do I have to add minutes to his more than once every 3 months.

I checked my last 3 cell phone bills and they show that I used 30 minutes per month. That is probably on the high side for me. My cost including tax is $39.22 a month.

btw, my Sprint cell phone is dual band, both digital and analog. It uses analog sometimes for roaming. Other than that it uses digital.

I am perfectly happy with my Cingular/ATT wireless. Older phones (from ANY company) need to be upgraded because the networks will sioon be upgraded to dgital so the older analog hones won't work and you lose your number.

I checked my last 3 cell phone bills and they show that I used 30 minutes per month. That is probably on the high side for me. My cost including tax is $39.22 a month.

btw, my Sprint cell phone is dual band, both digital and analog. It uses analog sometimes for roaming. Other than that it uses digital.

Well, I just added 200 minutes + 200 bonus minutes because I had bought the double minutes option last year. Paid $39.99. That should last him about 3 months.

Yeah, and we know how "assurances" go.

No small wonder they are losing customers. I am a customer and have been for 5 years but they are about to lose me.........I signed up with them 5 years ago and bought a cell phone that cost $156. Yesterday I got a letter from Sprint telling me that my phone was out of date and I would no longer be able to use it in the roaming mode. They said that I would have to buy a new phone, pay an activation fee, and sign a new 2 yr contract with them. I am highly PO'd to say the least.

I got rid of them about 18 months ago, i actiually had to go to the regional manager to get out of my contract. It was a very trying ordeal to say the least, but they did let me get out of my contract without having to pay. The reason i was so disatisfied was because i was constantly droping calls with their newest super duper phone. I switched to AT&T, they are awesome, never a problem , the phones are great, and i have dropped only 1 call in 18 months. Also i never go over my minutes,i have the 500 plan for me and my wife. We always have rollover monutes built up, i pay $67/month including taxes for two phones and have internet on my phone if i choose to use it.

See Virgin has a plan that has 100 anytime minutes for $14.99. They also have minute plans where you pay $6.99 per month plus 10 cents for each minute of talk time. So 30 minuters would be $6.99 + $3 for $9.99.
The plan I have is 10 cents a minute to other Virgin phones and 20 cents to everyone else with a minimum of $20 every 90 days.

Hell I live in Overland Park which is the home to Sprint's Operations division. I could not run fast enough from their service. Spotty, dropped calls, etc. And the damn company was founded here! I switched to T Mobile and have only experienced two dropped calls in the 8 months that I have used them. Sprint is a perfect example of a failed conglomerate that chooses to throw money at a problem to try and fix it. Every high paid officer that leaves that company gets millions of dollars when the leave (get fired).

I think that I will probably investigate a little further 2 that have been recommended by forum members.

Trac phone

and

Virgin

Hell I live in Overland Park which is the home to Sprint's Operations division. I could not run fast enough from their service. Spotty, dropped calls, etc. And the damn company was founded here! I switched to T Mobile and have only experienced two dropped calls in the 8 months that I have used them. Sprint is a perfect example of a failed conglomerate that chooses to throw money at a problem to try and fix it. Every high paid officer that leaves that company gets millions of dollars when the leave (get fired).

Sounds like the company i work for....lol.:D

My Tracfone had the best coverage area of any phone I've had. T-Mobile only worked if I was near an interstate.

Verizon has excellent coverage here. You can't change anything unless you add a year or two to your contract. I can''t stand Verizon because of that, but keep them due to the excellent coverage in our area.

Verizon is horrible here in New England, one of the worst along with Sprint, their coverage sucks as well as their customer service.

I had Verizon when I went to Easthampton and it worked fine. :idunno:

Sprint sucks everywhere IMO.

Back
Top Bottom