SRX RACE thread --- Slinger

I've already pretty much said my piece on little Hailie downstairs and obviously don't want to go off topic up here. All I'll add is that having watched Hailie compete in this SRX series, and having seen her compete once elsewhere, I see a young lady who races hard and doesn't take any crap from anybody on the track. She appears to have already learned that there are times when you have to stand up for yourself out there, no matter who you're racing against, and I dig it.

That being said, I've always tried to be something of an impartial fan of whoever I'm rooting for. If a Mr. Gregory Motorsports driver ever says or does something that I feel is wrong, be it on or off the track, I have no problem letting them know how I feel about it. This, of course, does not imply that I will automatically agree with anyone else, whether they're a fellow fan or a detractor, on what is wrong or not.
Not gonna lie, when you started liking my posts and posted during the race last night I had to do a double take to make sure it was you. I think this is our first interaction up here! Hopefully you’ll stop in next Saturday for Elliott vs Elliott at FGS for the season finale of SRX

I have no idea who the points leader is for SRX, my fault for not looking but are they keeping track of points for a season champion?

That was the best national televised race so far this season. Do not know exactly how many lead changes occurred, but it had to be a ton, more than once I saw the nose of one or the other ahead multiple times in just ONE lap.

This was a track that truly does have multiple groves. and neither is generally better than the other. Loved it when Tony put a Darlington stripe on his car when he took the lead that one time.

Did notice that the telemetry changed during the coarse of the main feature though...they were hitting 97-98 in the beginning and only occasionally touched 90 towards the end. So evidently tires were a factor. Anyway you skin it though...that track is super fast. The analogy of flying a fighter plane in a gymnasium seems appropriate.

Thought I would share this photo of Neil Bonnet trying to get out of Slinger without using the exit. Believe these were the ASA/Pro series cars. About a second and a half faster than the SRX cars even back thirty two years ago. They had to slow them down somewhat, 110-115MPH on that short of track was a recipe for disaster. Neil, Bobby, KSchrader, Davey, and believe Gant along with various others ended up in ambulances at one time or another at that track. But that was back in the day of the 2100# chassis and adding left weight to the rear rail to get to the Late Model with a 2350# min weight(with the driver!). 2 X 2 rails and 67% left side bias did not leave a lot of structure for safety.

Attachments

• Neil Bonnet Slinger 1989.jpg
    Neil Bonnet Slinger 1989.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom