SRX RACE thread --- Stafford

Personally, I enjoyed a short track Saturday night race. I'm not going to pick things apart, or second guess the people running the show.
It was fun. Happy that the local fav won. And enjoyed the battles. Wasn't perfect, but then what race is?
Well said. Im looking forward to next weeks race

The cars looked WAY faster in real life than they do on video.

First heat was a parade.

Marco made a fan out of me tonight. He was definitely the most into the entertainment aspect of it. Not sure if this is related, but the way he had engine trouble - well prior to that during every caution he would clutch in and rev the crap out of it past the grandstands. His move to the lead was the highlight of the night.

The cars need to have been driver identification. People in the stands had a hard time remembering who was which color. The little numbers on the wing are very hard to read and the names on the cars aren't big enough either. They need to make it like IROC with the names across the side of the car or something.

I just learned about the "fun flag". Nobody at the track, not even the PA announcer, knew what was happening when that caution came out.

Overall I was satisfied but my expectations were higher than the actual result. I'm not a fan of the "fun" caution and small fields, but the race format(s) and general race rules are pretty darn good. Great broadcast too aside from Danica - she would be better as the pit reporter.

I like the car color scheme too but my verh first thought was "what about people watching who are colorblind"? The numbers are currently waaaaay too small on the cars and I would suggest putting numbers on the hood since the series sponsor is already on the door panels

after the first heat ,i was bored,but i stuck with it and the main was pretty good,the winner was cool to see. now iam looking forward to the dirt races.

Great race and I think CBS did a real good job with the amount of cameras

I was mostly impressed with the race results. Would've thought certain drivers to dominate but they didn't and then the local boy beats them all. Sure, he knows this track but he still beat some big names in equal cars.

Also impressed with Evernham and crew handling unexpected problems. Good to have Bestwick in the booth again.

The cars looked WAY faster in real life than they do on video.

First heat was a parade.

Marco made a fan out of me tonight. He was definitely the most into the entertainment aspect of it. Not sure if this is related, but the way he had engine trouble - well prior to that during every caution he would clutch in and rev the crap out of it past the grandstands. His move to the lead was the highlight of the night.

The cars need to have been driver identification. People in the stands had a hard time remembering who was which color. The little numbers on the wing are very hard to read and the names on the cars aren't big enough either. They need to make it like IROC with the names across the side of the car or something.

I just learned about the "fun flag". Nobody at the track, not even the PA announcer, knew what was happening when that caution came out.
People watching on TV did too.

Overall I was satisfied but my expectations were higher than the actual result. I'm not a fan of the "fun" caution and small fields, but the race format(s) and general race rules are pretty darn good. Great broadcast too aside from Danica - she would be better as the pit reporter.

I like the car color scheme too but my verh first thought was "what about people watching who are colorblind"? The numbers are currently waaaaay too small on the cars and I would suggest putting numbers on the hood since the series sponsor is already on the door panels
Danica always seems forced to me and I found her to be an embarrassment in her overall lack of knowledge. Perhaps if she'd spent some time short track racing she might have been a real race driver.

Yes, also more variation in car color and such. The graphic package overall sucked.

I was mostly impressed with the race results. Would've thought certain drivers to dominate but they didn't and then the local boy beats them all. Sure, he knows this track but he still beat some big names in equal cars.

Also impressed with Evernham and crew handling unexpected problems. Good to have Bestwick in the booth again.
Yes and yes.

Back
Top Bottom