Stacy Compton...

W

Ward Burton

JASKI.COM

Stacy Compton is looking to return to Winston Cup racing. If Morgan-McClure Motorsports wants him, he could accept a deal. Compton is contemplating the possibility of signing a deal with Morgan-McClure sometime in the near future. “It’s a real good possibility you may see me in that four car,” Compton said in a phone interview Monday night. “Kodak’s a great company to work for. If I could get some seat time, it would help both programs. I’ve entertained ideas of running both series, but there’s not really been any serious talk. As we’re going and testing, talks will get more serious.” Compton is already involved in a full-time Busch Series ride, driving the #59 Kingsford/Johnsonville Chevy owned by Tad Geschickter. “I’ve got a really good Busch deal right now. If a Winston Cup ride becomes available and if they asked me to do the Cup ride and not the Busch ride, I would stick with the Busch car. In case of a double duty, I’ve still got time left on my contract with the Busch car,” he added. “Tad’s been awful good to me. I would love to run both series.” A two-day test session in the #4 Cup car is scheduled for Compton on Wednesday and Thursday at Talladega Superspeedway. Whether Morgan-McClure will approach him about finalizing a deal remains uncertain.

It looks like Compton is going to be in the 4 car at Daytona. This is also from Jayski.com.

Eastman Kodak Company and The Walt Disney Company announced a joint promotion of Disney's epic motion picture, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, through Kodak's NASCAR marketing program. A Pirates of the Caribbean 'wrap' will adorn the Kodak #4 car during the Pepsi 400 at Daytona International Speedway on July 5. The movie theme also will appear on the suit worn by driver Stacy Compton. "NASCAR is the perfect venue to build awareness for a fast-paced, adrenaline-rush-type of motion picture such as Pirates of the Caribbean," said Eric Rodli, president, Entertainment Imaging and senior vice president, Kodak. "This is the first time ever that a Kodak race car has featured a motion-picture film theme - and we wanted to involve our studio partners in this exciting opportunity. Disney is one of our long-standing partners - in fact, Pirates of the Caribbean was shot and printed on Kodak film - so this promotion is just a great fit for both companies." From producer Jerry Bruckheimer, Pirates of the Caribbean stars Johnny Depp as the roguish yet charming Captain Jack Sparrow whose nemesis Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) steals his ship, the Black Pearl. When Barbossa later attacks the town of Port Royal and kidnaps the governor's daughter, her childhood friend (Orlando Bloom) joins forces with Captain Jack in a gallant attempt to rescue her and recapture the Black Pearl. The movie is scheduled for release on July 9. Disney and Kodak also will host a Pirates of the Caribbean show car at the movie's premiere at Disneyland in Los Angeles. During the week of July 7, the show car will be on display at Walt Disney World in Orlando. (Business Wire)(6-25-2003)

Yeah, that's a step up from Skinner. (please note the sarcasm).

Three drivers are currently testing for the team...Johnny Sauter, Stacy Compton, and Keith Segars.

Back
Top Bottom