Stage Cautions on Road Courses

Remember when they used to come back from commercial when/if something happened while away? Really doesn't matter to me as 90% of the races I watch are DVR so I just fast forward the commercials.
If you remember that, you probably also remember when races were shown days or weeks after they ran, edited to fit a 60- or 90-minute time slot.

If you remember that, you probably also remember when races were shown days or weeks after they ran, edited to fit a 60- or 90-minute time slot.
they, they still came back from commercials when something happened in the 90's and early 2000's when every race was shown live and in full. I started watching NASCAR in the TNN and I think ESPN days in the 80s and while I was young I remember every race being shown live and complete.

Damn, Charlie!! But that brings back horrible memories of when races were not televised and my only access to who won the week previously and the accompanying story were in the National Speed Sport News. A periodical printed in Paterson, NJ, by editor Chris Economaki and later the Winston Cup Scene and articles by Joe Whitlock and Steve Waid, plus others. The NSSN arrived Thursday and WCS on Friday and that was the only way a New Jersey resident learned race results and accompanying articles of teams and drivers.
Once in awhile the Newark Evening News might list race results of those held closer to the area or large enough to draw a modicum of attention. Being a NASCAR fan in the '50s, '60s, and '70s was difficult. ;)

Ah, for those glorious days when each track negotiated its own TV coverage. You'd check the newspaper's TV listing to see coverage for that 1:00 race would start "JIP" after the local ball game finished (joined in progress)

Nah I can remember them doing that up until maybe 2003-2004ish

Maybe it had to do with locations, but from the late 80's on every race was live and complete by me, and this in the NYC market.....you did have to have cable though.

Maybe it had to do with locations, but from the late 80's on every race was live and complete by me, and this in the NYC market.....you did have to have cable though.
I meant coming back from commercial for a wreck or something. I remember it especially for the big ones at plate tracks during the Bill Weber NBC days but never after that

Damn, Charlie!! But that brings back horrible memories of when races were not televised and my only access to who won the week previously and the accompanying story were in the National Speed Sport News. A periodical printed in Paterson, NJ, by editor Chris Economaki and later the Winston Cup Scene and articles by Joe Whitlock and Steve Waid, plus others. The NSSN arrived Thursday and WCS on Friday and that was the only way a New Jersey resident learned race results and accompanying articles of teams and drivers.
Once in awhile the Newark Evening News might list race results of those held closer to the area or large enough to draw a modicum of attention. Being a NASCAR fan in the '50s, '60s, and '70s was difficult. ;)
I remember the documentaries if you can call them that. Over dubbed with the commentator speaking with 4 or 6 cyllinder sound effects in the back ground and other sound effect oddities.

Really good news, glad FOX/NBC signed off on it and NASCAR for doing it, I hope Larry Mac has fresh batteries for his calculator....

Hell freaking yes!

3Y0.gif
3Y0.gif

Stage who? I've already forgot they don't have them anymore. I wonder if they consulted Brian F.

i hope when ( they )see how much better the races flow they will get rid of them. we can only hope.:blush:

Back
Top Bottom