Stage tweak for road courses

MRM

Team Owner
I'm glad they eliminated the stage breaks for the road courses. The old strategy came into play yesterday. But there's one thing they need to tweak. The stage ending should take place under green, not under caution of on a restart as the was the case yesterday. As important as those points are, they should be awarded on the next full green flag lap, not on a restart.

I'm glad they eliminated the stage breaks for the road courses. The old strategy came into play yesterday. But there's one thing they need to tweak. The stage ending should take place under green, not under caution of on a restart as the was the case yesterday. As important as those points are, they should be awarded on the next full green flag lap, not on a restart.
Yea that was a crazy scenario and I wouldn't be surprised if NASCAR didn't even think about that scenario happening. But because it did happen I believe they will make the necessary adjustments.

So, GWC stage finishes, with unlimited attempts? So then would the following stage be shorter due to the previous stage going into overtime or would they extend the length of the race accordingly? I say just leave it as it is. Things would definitely get unnecessarily confusing. Plus, it'd create more carnage, as unlimited GWC finishes already do.

They have had the 3 attempt GWC rule for a few years and seldom do races go to 3 GWC's. It's pretty rare, but IMO it looks like Nascar is covering the odd chance that a race will go more than 3 GWC's. COTA went three but to hear some tell it they were so inconvenienced sitting thru three GWC's on their couches it ruined all the racing for them lol.

That's just making things too complicated. If a caution comes out & they have to restart during the final lap of a stage, so be it. NASCAR did their best to improve the product by eliminating stage cautions. It's like adding more GWC's, completely unnecessary.

Yeah, I mean this is like an uno reverse for what we had.

A stage ending under yellow, with this new format, is sheer coincidence.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They have had the 3 attempt GWC rule for a few years and seldom do races go to 3 GWC's. It's pretty rare, but IMO it looks like Nascar is covering the odd chance that a race will go more than 3 GWC's. COTA went three but to hear some tell it they were so inconvenienced sitting thru three GWC's on their couches it ruined all the racing for them lol.

The rule isn't 3 attempts, it is unlimited attempts.

to me it wasn't the 3 attempts that killed it. It was the time it took to make 3 attempts

Back
Top Bottom