Standard Body Locations?

M

mlitefan01

Sorry if this is a repeat...just one more step towards Iroc...what a load of crap

Posted on Sat, Aug. 17, 2002

Rule requiring standard body location en route
By DAVID POOLE
The Charlotte Observer

Winston Cup series director John Darby said Saturday that a new rule is coming to standardize the body location of cars racing in the series, possibly within a week.
There is now no restriction on how far forward or backward the body on a Cup car can be located. Teams vary that position from track to track to help balance the car. In general terms, bodies are moved forward on superspeedways to keep air off the rear spoilers and reduce drag, and moved backward on shorter tracks.

Measured from the center of the rear axle to the front of the roof at the centerline where the roof meets the windshield, some cars raced at Daytona this year were 66.5 inches while other cars raced at New Hampshire measured only 57 inches.

Darby said NASCAR will require the same measurement for all cars raced on all tracks, with a tolerance of a half- or three-quarters of a inch on either side. The challenge, Darby said, is to set a measurement that will keep teams in the series from having to cut off and rehang sheet metal on most of the cars in their fleets.

it's been evolving for a while! Next year should be a common template too.
Will make it a lot easier for the na$car inspectors with just on set of templates anyway.

Less crying too.

So here we go!

I guess what confuses me most on this is WHY!! Darby can kiss my arse!!

I thought this was about something else. My answer was going to be
In the summer-at the pool
Fall-cheering at football games
Winter-cheering at wrestling meets
Spring-tanning bed

Kimi,
Your answers are plenty fine to me, but I thought this place might be called Racing-Forums....... Oh well, that's racin'

It's either standards like this or NASCAR playing spoiler and nose games forever....

Unless you want common templates, NASCAR has to stop the game playing with the body people.....

Back
Top Bottom