Stanton Barrett starts first in Busch race!

It should be. i don't see him in the to 20 too long after the start!! In theory its the same team and cars but all it is is the same cars. New driver, new Crew Cheif and new crew, so the team will not be a strong as last year. And lookign at the first 2 starts with the team he will go backwards fast!

The ironic part is that he is using the owner points from Greg Biffle from last year & #16 team failed to make the field for the Winston Cup race.

What I don't understand is how Jack Sprague got into the field? Not sure if the #0 team is the same #60 team from last season, but I would have guessed Biffle to have more owner points from last season. :unsure:

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Mar 1 2003, 12:22 PM
The ironic part is that he is using the owner points from Greg Biffle from last year & #16 team failed to make the field for the Winston Cup race.

What I don't understand is how Jack Sprague got into the field? Not sure if the #0 team is the same #60 team from last season, but I would have guessed Biffle to have more owner points from last season. :unsure:
Owners points were transferred from the #60 to the #0 this year. Greg Biffle made several starts in the Cup series but not for the same car owner last year. He started races for Andy Petree, Petty Enterprises, and Jack Roush.

Stanton was doing better than I thought he would be doing!! I kinda dosed off and missed about 20 minutes of the race, thats not like me. Guess i was tired

He's in second right now and the crew cheif told him to take a top 5. Don't wreck the car! :eek:

It's kind of neat to see a driver do well that nobody figured would, whether we think it's a lack of talent or a decent ride. Of course, the #60 team are probably using all of Randy Goss' notes from last year.

I would have never guessed Brian Vickers to be competitive after the season he had last year...but put him in the #5 Hendrick Motorsports car & he is running decent after the wreck he was involved in at Daytona.

I can't wait untill we don't see as many of the Cup drivers in the race...then we can get a good feel about who is going to run decent this year and who isn't.

He really surprised me. I figured he'd finish around 25th or so. Great job to that crew. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom