Stealing Intellectual Property

StandOnIt

Farm Truck

The engineer is in a contract year with Joe Gibbs Racing, according to executives with six teams who spoke with the AP on condition of anonymity because the details are considered private and have not been disclosed publicly. Joe Gibbs Racing, which has two cars still competing for the Cup title, declined to comment.

The engineer is in a contract year with Joe Gibbs Racing, according to executives with six teams who spoke with the AP on condition of anonymity because the details are considered private and have not been disclosed publicly. Joe Gibbs Racing, which has two cars still competing for the Cup title, declined to comment.

Well that fella's career in the industry is probably over.

Legacy MC make sense as the other party here, right? They’re a non-playoff team currently without access to JGR/23XI setup data. I think if you’re going to steal setup information you’d want it to be from a car with the exact same base aero platform (Camry) as yours.

Let's see, what team outside the JGR sphere of influence, with no cars in the playoffs, and in need of engineering talent, would benefit from (Toyota-specific?) information?

Nothing new about stealing intellectual property; it's an industry Legacy...

I mean, there’s a team that’s gotten better recently. I know a lot of people think it’s a Toyota team, but I don’t think it necessarily has to be one. So I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s RCR personally.

Spire also gotten really fast.

Yeah, but Spire's been getting there for a while, since the Gainbridge / Group 1001 money started coming in.

I don't know how much IP from one manu would transfer to the other two.
I wonder that myself. It's old info but when SHR switched to the Fords they had to completely rework the front end of their frames because the Ford motor sat lower in the chassis. That would throw off the balance and the center of gravity a bit.

I wonder that myself. It's old info but when SHR switched to the Fords they had to completely rework the front end of their frames because the Ford motor sat lower in the chassis. That would throw off the balance and the center of gravity a bit.
That was the previous generation of car. Now they all have the same components, with the exception of the body panels.

My guess was Spire just for the fact that they seemed to have really picked up lately, especially with Zane. If it was LMC I would have expected better performance from that group, don't really see an improvement there.

Larson in prepping for the Roval did some simulator work that he hardly ever does. In turn that led to some changes being made to the car and the result were shown on Sunday. I think it is a mistake to think that just car setups could be the only intellectual property that is involved, or car adjustments would be the only info that the teams need to get faster. Accurate Sim numbers would be more valuable if your Sim station was off.

Back
Top Bottom