Steve Byrnes

The story about Carl reminds me of the story of DE and the church parking lot. Some kids were holding a fund-raiser to pave the church parking lot. DE found out about it, and wrote them a check. He told them that if they ever said anything about his check, he'd come back with his 'dozer and rip it out.

Good story about Carl. :)
In Bill Elliotts book he has a whole chapter about Dale Sr. While a fierce competitor on the track Bill said the guy would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. When Bills father died Dale Sr was the first to call and ask what they needed. I never liked him as a racer because I thought he was dirty but he could flat out drive and more importantly he was genuinely a generous person that tried to help others.

Steve, back @ work.....

BehL_hnIQAABW6K.jpg:large

BehMVlrCAAAZS_O.jpg:large

Wow. Steve looks and sounds 15 years older than he did just a few months ago. I hope he's in the clear continues to get stronger.

Saw on Twitter that he's been diagnosed with some form of cancer. FOX Sports released a statement saying he's on a medical leave of absence.

Hoping he's alright, he's been around a long time.
That sucks, he was a guy who could do his job without his opinion getting in the way :(

Hope some of you had a chance to listen to his story. If they post the audio online later I'll try to get it added here. A lot of great comments by him about his cancer fight.

Hope some of you had a chance to listen to his story. If they post the audio online later I'll try to get it added here. A lot of great comments by him about his cancer fight.
Thanks, I missed it.

Dammit. One of the good guys.

So sad. Nothing worse than thinking you're out of the woods to have it all come back. I lost my father this past summer to a cancer relapse. I sincerely hope that Steve recovers.

This sucks.

Hopefully he beats it one more time. You never get rid of the whole thing but hopefully he battles it and get back up on his feet again.

IMO, he should focus 100% fighting the cancer now and well after he beats it.

So sad. Nothing worse than thinking you're out of the woods to have it all come back. I lost my father this past summer to a cancer relapse. I sincerely hope that Steve recovers.
Sigh. My condolences, man. I lost my dad three years ago. :(

Like Slice said, I immediately thought the worst when I saw this thread get bumped to the top of the page. I haven't watched much FS1 since they became FS1, but I always liked Steve. I hope he conquers this thing once and for all.

Back
Top Bottom