Stewart

C

CypressTrout

Tony , please take your swollen head to the doctor and have it lanced. Lately, you've been acting like an arse. How many people have you intentionally spun this year ?? I guess you are the cat's meow & everyone should move out of your way (haven't seen that mentality since the #3). You had plenty of passing room but decided to slam a slow car & damage many others in the process. Then, the rookie is in the way , running better than you, so you'll take him out, too. Then , you go to Biffle afterwards to bich because he was in your way on pit road. Congrats, you managed to take a decent car, and damage it enough to only scrape a mediocre finish. I have nothing against you and never have, you are a very good driver but your head definitely needs to be checked. ;)

I agree. Tony is one of the best wheel men out there but his down fall is likely to be his impulsive immature streak. I remember when he fell off the pace late at the Brickyard a year or so back and simply threw his hands up and parked it because he couldn't stay in contention. Roberto Duran and his 'no mas' syndrome, I guess.

Don't get me wrong, he is a hell of a driver---but he is his own worst enemy.

Originally posted by 97forever@Mar 22 2004, 10:39 AM
I agree. Tony is one of the best wheel men out there but his down fall is likely to be his impulsive immature streak. I remember when he fell off the pace late at the Brickyard a year or so back and simply thru his hands up and parked it because he couldn't stay in contention. Roberto Duran and his 'no mas' syndrome, I guess.

Don't get me wrong, he is a hell of a driver---but he is his own worst enemy.
Well said, I agree.

One word sums it up for me.

Brat.

Let him struggle to make a race like some of these guys do, and he'll act differently. I have no problem with moving someone over if they're blocking you. But spinning someone as soon as you catch them so you don't have to break your own momentum is classless.

He'll get his. These guys show up every week too.

Tony needs a new title for his description - Call him the Punter.... Someone isn't doing what he wants and he simply "punts" him out of the way. Many more races like this and he will be in the NFL Hall of Fame with Ray Guy like stats.

Gordon and Kahne got something that Stewart deserved yesterday!

Over and out!

I agree with all of you, mabey he should see that shrink again and work out that anger management.

That chrome horn worked well for Big E, and Tony just needs to learn how to use it at the right time. It may just be a learning curve thing.

BTW, I was pizzed EVERY TIME DE used that horn to punt a driver I (and I repeat, I) was rooting for, and get pizzed when even MY fave does it.

Learning curve? He's a champion, he should know how the game works by now. I dont remember incidents involving Stewart at the other races this year, so he probably just had something stuck up his butt yesterday. Punting people, wrecking people, confronting Biffle after the race. Maybe he missed an anger management session? :p

I say Tony should stay being himself and not become a fake and just say things to make everyone happy.

Tony was simply a victim of of circumstance. I am not a Tony fan, but
he did NOT deliberately hit either of the two cars he was involved with.
The Hillenberg thing was Andy's fault; and Andy so stated.
The second incident Kasey Kahne thing, was Kasey slowing suddenly in front of
Tony and if you look at the video closely, you will see
Tony hard on them brakes. Smoke was pouring from his tires too.
Sooooooooooo, what the heck is the problem here?????
The major problen in that entire race was the "field Fillers" JMHO!!!!
And before you ask; yes, I would not complain if we had only 36 cars
in the races that quallified on speed!!!!!

Andy said it was his fault so he would not make matters worse than what they were.

If I recall correctly the #9 was hit 2 times by #20 in a matter of seconds. NO excuse for the second hit.

Andy took unfortunately blame for an incident that was not of his making. Stewart & he were ALONE on the track at the time. Tony just decided to punt him rather than go low & pass. Kahne was so deliberately punted I can't believe it could be interpreted any differently. Looked like the 9 moved up on the 20 & touched him (kinda like when the 8 didn't see him at vegas), then , the 20 retaliated by keeping his foot in it into the corner long enough to make the necessary contact. Tony is a good driver & i've seen him do great things in a car , but these were not. Victim of circumstance ??? I think not. Just the way I saw things. :blink:

IT was sort of weird that the champion would intentionally run into a slower car ... but it's even more weird that another former champion would hit the spun out car

Whatever corner it was that they came off of and it was after a restart, there were about 97 cars nose to tail and when it looked like quite a few had to let off the gas, they all got bunched up going down the straights and Kahne was already ahead of Stewart and for fear of running over the guy in front of him, Kahne moved down NOT A FULL LANE, BUT HALF A CARS WIDTH in case he had to avoid an incident.

Stewart, I think thought Casey was going to go a FULL LANE down, but he didn't and Tony tried to stick his nose to the outside where there wasn't a full lane to go and when all the cars resumed speed, Casey fell back into his rightfull place in line, since he never really vacated it.

Since Tony was trying to go someplace where he had no business going, since he didn't have enough room, Kahne's right rear bumped Tony's left front. That's a simple racing incident, but Tony's raced enough, and he knew damn well there wasn't room up along the wall for both cars.

But for him to bump into Kahne going into a corner at that speed was a pure BS move on his part. Sure he was agitated at Kahne for bumping him, but Tony initiated the contact by trying to pull up where he would run out of room and he knows damn well he made a mistake and not Kahne.

you don't bump a driver going into a corner at the speed they were traveling. If he wanted to get back at Kahne( why I don't know) he could have waited till they got on the next straight to tag him.

Tony was having a so-so day, and you know as well as any race fan, he gets agitated behind the wheel VERY EASILY, when things aren't going his way.

He's lucky he didn't send Kahne into the wall bumping him in a corner and possibly hurting him or heaven forbid something worse.

I had Stewart on my Fantasy team this week, so I'm not playing favorites here.

It was a totally classless move on his part, because some young snot-nosed kid is getting the better of him in his Rookie campaign and taking a lot of ink away from poor ol' Tony and Tony can't stand it, pure and simple.

I think Tony had better read back up on those ANGER MANAGEMENT LESSONS he had to take, because he's falling back into his old ways!!!!!

plain n simple as pie, tony the brat intentionally tried to take kasey out.. :dual9mm:

I don't remember Jeff faulting Tony. I think he pitched a fit over the "filler" cars.

The Kasey thing looked to be Tony's fault, but I somehow think that Tony wouldn't have banged up the front end of his car so bad if he could have helped it. But, that's just a guess on my part. Could be he just misjudged a little bit. ;)

Anybody watch Wind Tunnel last night?
Kasey said he pinched Tony to the wall first, then Tony let him know he didn't like it.
Funny how some fans get all bent out of shape and the drivers aren't upset at all.

You don't think Tony likes how well Kasey is doing? I don't think you have a clue what Tony or any other driver thinks. Sounds like what a "fan" is thinking trying to pass it off as a drivers thoughts.
Kasey gave Tony a lot of credit over the past 3 or 4 years for his success, in fact said Tony did a lot of talking to both Ray and Bill to get Kasey that ride in the 9 car.

As a matter of fact Kasey was called Tony's protoge.

And he taught him a lesson on Sunday. Don't give if you can't accept payback.

Come on people Kasey has been running with the "big boys" and he will have to learn to play that way.

Ryan moves people too. And Ryan fights like hell when someone tries to pass them.

Picking on Tony is too easy.

Hate to dissapoint you 97 this is the best I could do.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 111
Originally posted by Bucky Badger@Mar 22 2004, 07:38 PM
Andy said it was his fault so he would not make matters worse than what they were.

If I recall correctly the #9 was hit 2 times by #20 in a matter of seconds. NO excuse for the second hit.
I agree ;) Toni"s impatience caused for some angry drivers last week,with Bristol coming up I wouldn't be surprised to see some paybacks ;)
IMO Toni Stewart shoud've been black-flagged,if not after the Andy Hillenberg spin,then surely after hitting Kasey Kahne twice ;)
Dang shame for Jeff Gordon though as He probably lost 100(+) points and 8 point position after that debacle last week :p

Originally posted by 24thunder+Mar 24 2004, 10:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (24thunder @ Mar 24 2004, 10:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bucky Badger@Mar 22 2004, 07:38 PM

I agree ;) Toni"s impatience caused for some angry drivers last week,with Bristol coming up I wouldn't be surprised to see some paybacks ;)
IMO Toni Stewart shoud've been black-flagged,if not after the Andy Hillenberg spin,then surely after hitting Kasey Kahne twice ;)
Dang shame for Jeff Gordon though as He probably lost 100(+) points and 8 point position after that debacle last week :p [/b][/quote]
Yea, the races you really don't want to piss drivers off are the ones befor Bristol and Martinsville. You can get away with alot there.

Back
Top Bottom