Study reveals less commercials since TV deal

N

N2racin44

News Link from That's Racin.com

I find all kinds of holes in this story. First it says this:

2000, the final year of the previous contract, averaged 14 minutes, 39 seconds of commercials between the start of the race and the checkered flag.

Fine, then it says this:

Through Sunday's Brickyard 400, this year's broadcasts have averaged 14 minutes, 47 seconds - an increase of only eight seconds per race.

BS! Check out this excerpt in the last paragraph:

McCarthy also logged commercials in Sunday's Brickyard 400 broadcast and found that the average of 14 minutes, 9 seconds of commercials per hour was significantly lower than the 17 minutes, 42 seconds per hour during ABC's final telecast of that race in 2000.

So what are they basing the freakin study on? Time of commercials per hour or per race?????

I can only say this. That entire article is one big contradiction! That entire thing is nothing but a joke!!!

There is absolutely NO WAY that a 3 or 4 hour race has only 14 minutes or even 17 minutes of commercials. On average, a 30-minute sitcom has 5 minutes of commercials, therefore there are at least 10 minutes of commercials per hour.

I agree, N2, total BS! :bslfag:

I would still like to see NASCAR offer us the option of PPV with no commercials. If they were reasonably priced, say 2 bills for the season, I would buy.
Now I just start recording the race on my TIVO and start watching an 1 hour after the race starts. That way I can fast forward thru the commercials. Replay the controversial moves. etc. And, I'll usually end up at the checkered flag the same time the racer's do. Although, at the Brickyard I was about 20 minutes short. I guess this could be blamed on the lack of cautions. The lack of controversial driving. And, the multitude of commercial breaks.
Either way, TIVO has certainly changed my viewing habits... :salute:

I agree on the :bslfag: I'm thinking 14 minutes of commercials in the first half hour.

Back
Top Bottom