Stumbled across this group:

Whizzer

Gig'em
I was looking for steel guitar videos and came across this group. There are three styles, all cover songs from different eras and all well done. The first song is a young lady who has an exceptionally clear and pure voice and sounds best through something other than laptop speakers. Their fame is local and on youtube.com and their other performances are help at a pizza shop in a shopping center, BUT, do not let that turn you off!! This group is good!! Great harmony and excellent backup for a garage band.

Start off with a cover of, The Things We Do For Love.

Covering the Keith Whitley hit, When You Say Nothing At All.

And for those of us from the fifties music generation, Mr. Sandman.

I really like the rendition of Mr. Sandman. It's very true to the original by The Chordettes. I've always liked that song. They're all well done as you said.

I really like the rendition of Mr. Sandman. It's very true to the original by The Chordettes. I've always liked that song. They're all well done as you said.
Funny you mention that about Mr. Sandman. I don't have a whole lot of good memories from those days. They were pretty confusing times for me. This one song, along with Love Letters in the Sand, has remained one of my favorites.
As an aside, when the Pat Boone version of Love Letters in the Sand came out, my mother told me that song was popular when she was a young lady. I did some checking and found it was first published in 1931, just about the time she met my father.
And to add to the mystique of the discussion, my mother played the piano at the local movie theatre during the days of silent movies. How's that for a memory?

They sounded to me as good as pros who had been in the music business for a while. I'm sure they could get more in person gigs than the pizza shop if they wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom