Stupid question is stupid: Renting a car

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
My brother, dad & I got to talking last night about the 600cc Micros I saw on Wednesday night. Somehow the conversation got around to it being a good series for me to get into because the motors they run (motorcycle motors) are bullet proof.

So now I'm actually looking into seeing how much it'll cost for me to run a season of winged micros.

However, before I go buy the chassis, motor, tires, trailer etc. I would like to test drive a micro around Millbridge Speedway.

I know I can buy track time & it'll most likely be more expensive than asphalt since dirt has to be prepped & that requires staff to come out.

How do I talk to a race team about paying them to let me test drive their micro for a few laps, just to see if I can run the car safely and not be a rolling chicane for the more experience drivers?

Trust me, I have no delusions about buying a micro & just crush it off the back. I just want to make sure I can drive the car safely as I build up seat time and experience.

My brother, dad & I got to talking last night about the 600cc Micros I saw on Wednesday night. Somehow the conversation got around to it being a good series for me to get into because the motors they run (motorcycle motors) are bullet proof.

So now I'm actually looking into seeing how much it'll cost for me to run a season of winged micros.

However, before I go buy the chassis, motor, tires, trailer etc. I would like to test drive a micro around Millbridge Speedway.

I know I can buy track time & it'll most likely be more expensive than asphalt since dirt has to be prepped & that requires staff to come out.

How do I talk to a race team about paying them to let me test drive their micro for a few laps, just to see if I can run the car safely and not be a rolling chicane for the more experience drivers?

Trust me, I have no delusions about buying a micro & just crush it off the back. I just want to make sure I can drive the car safely as I build up seat time and experience.
I've been saying it be great if tracks did arrive and drives like they do for kids with quarter midgets

I've been saying it be great if tracks did arrive and drives like they do for kids with quarter midgets

That would be great. There's the Kenny Wallace Dirt Experience with the 410 Sprint, but they don't offer a micro.

That would be great. There's the Kenny Wallace Dirt Experience with the 410 Sprint, but they don't offer a micro.
I'm also not a big fan of giving Kenny Wallace money and they claim it's a 410 but if you look into it it's not a 410 motor. I know BAPS speedway in PA let's you rent a legands car on their practice nights but you have to supply your own safety stuff.

Agree with acmerocket. Ask around in the pits - someone is bound to have a second car that they would be willing to let you try (especially if you're offering to pay expenses and allow them to share the track time that you're willing to buy). There are a lot of people racing at Millbridge who have NASCAR connections, so they are likely to be able to provide useful feedback too.

Back
Top Bottom