Substitute Teaching Is Not For The Faint of Heart

ladyspartan16

Team Owner
I need a good cold beer.

And I must be insane because even after the last hellish 3 days I still want to do this for the rest of my life.

I taught 7th graders. They are easy to understand --- you just remember that at the end of the 6th grade all their brains dribble out their ears.
When they come to 7th grade, all the boys see/understand is football --- total tunnel vision.
All the girls see are BOYS! Since the boys are concentrated on football, the girls look to the 8th grade boys.
In the Spring, the 7th boys suddenly decide girls aren't so bad, but all the girls are, by then, tied up with the 8th grade boys. Crazy

For me, I did some subbing in elementary --- decided quickly that anyone under the age of 11 wasn't human. I really wanted to teach HS.

I need a good cold beer.

And I must be insane because even after the last hellish 3 days I still want to do this for the rest of my life.
My old lead singer is a school teacher now and he is happier than he has ever been in his life. It really is a calling for some people, I get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

My wife has been a sub for many years, but the past few just usually works one or two days a week. In fact that is what she is doing now. Our city schools she has stopped teaching at. The students seem to be in control of the school, even at the schools that used to have a good record. Now all she teaches at is the local town just down the road from us a little ways and the Catholic schools. Not as good as our city, but a lot easier on the nerves.

Back
Top Bottom