Summer Olympics

A

ajk112802

Coverage of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games begins tonight on NBC. I enjoy watching the Olympics and will try to catch as much coverage as possible :)

Opening Ceremonies are on now :) I love watching all the countries parade in :)

Oh WoW!!

Countries I NEVER knew existed! And the skin color of folks from various countries doesn't jibe with my expectations, some folks were darker and others were lighter skinned than I'd have guessed.
We were all there lined up marching past the cameras. From the darkest of all peoples to the lightest, fairest of humans, they marched together.. Should be some little part of a lesson for the rest of us. "Can't we all get along?"
And all the while our president was wishing he was back home...or so it looked to me.
Betsy;)

I'm enjoying several of the events quite a bit.

Michael Phelps and many of the other swimmers have been awesome to watch.

The men's basketball team, known as the "redeem team" is great to watch also.

And of course, I love watching women's beach volleyball too.

I just can't get into watching gymnastics in any form. Some of the other sports like cycling are just way too boring for me to deal with.

The coolest thing for me though, is watching any medal ceremony where America takes the gold. Seeing the athletes' faces while the anthem is played in their honor is very cool.

Betsy, I'm with you. Watching them all march in, then mingle in the center was very, very nice.

That 4x100 relay last night was unbelievable. To pull it out by .08 was unfathomable.
Lezak that swam the anchor leg was also the anchor leg on the losing 2000 and 2004 US relay team. Talk about redemption. Sweet revenge.

Opening Ceremonies are on now :) I love watching all the countries parade in :)

And now we find out the Chinese lied. The little girl they had singing was lipsyncing because the little girl actually singing had buck teeth and they thought that would be a bad image.

The US Men's team just destroyed Greece this morning 92-69. :salute:

Greece beat the US in the 2006 World Championships, and was expected to give the US their first real challenge of these Olympic games. That didn't happen at all. The officials were doing their best to keep it close in the first quarter by calling fouls on USA for no apparent reason, but the US was still up 20-16 after that first quarter. It was total domination from that point forward. Team USA's defense and athleticism was way too much for Greece to handle.

Next up is Spain, who is supposed to be their toughest challenge yet. We shall see. If Team USA continues to play like they are right now, I don't see any games being very close.

Michael Phelps did the "Impossible".

They said Michael Phelps was good enough to win the gold medal in all eight events he participated in, but I don't know if any of thought he really would. So many things had to go perfectly right, but they did.

Congratulations Michael Phelps! :salute:

And how about Ian Thorpe of Australia saying that because the events would be done in the morning that Phelps probably wouldn't even win 7? We have a new human dolphin folks. :)

I love the fact that the Thorpe comment wound up in Michael's locker as motivation. hehehe

This kid is pretty special too , he grew up with learning disabilities, thanks to a mom who is in the education system as an admin, he had a lot of help. Nice to see how he looks up to his mom, he will be back in the next Olympics also i believe he will be only 27.

Back
Top Bottom