Super Bowl Game Thread

Brady and Edelman both noting that it felt like a home game for New England.

Results from the NFL's LA experiment seem to be less than ideal so far.

Boston sports fans are everywhere because that city is far and away the greatest sports town in the world, while the Rams have only been in Los Angeles for three years and are still building up a fanbase.

The Rams picked an odd time to debut their tapered spacer offense.

I dunno. I thought the first half was intriguing, but that was dependent on the Rams offense waking up at some point and forcing the Patriots to do more than lean on a suffocating defensive performance. That never developed, and so it seems like a stinker.

They called some bull**** penalties in the second half, and all went one way. Unlike Saints fans, Rams fans aren't claiming they were robbed - but it seemed like a penalty set the Rams back every time they started to get something going in the second half. And a couple of them were questionable at best.

The Rams receivers just never bothered trying to get open though. At some point, you have to adjust your game plan and start trying something different.

The Rams are a young team and they just got outcoached and outplayed by Bill Bellichick, Tom Brady and the greatest team in the history of football.

The Rams picked an odd time to debut their tapered spacer offense.

I dunno. I thought the first half was intriguing, but that was dependent on the Rams offense waking up at some point and forcing the Patriots to do more than lean on a suffocating defensive performance. That never developed, and so it seems like a stinker.
Agreed. It was always close, but I never got the feeling the Rams were really in it. The GOAT head coach had the prodigy head coach outsmarted from the kickoff. It never seems to matter who the personnel are, Belichick will find a way to make it work.

Agreed. It was always close, but I never got the feeling the Rams were really in it. The GOAT head coach had the prodigy head coach outsmarted from the kickoff. It never seems to matter who the personnel are, Belichick will find a way to make it work.
And Goff finally looked like the rookie quarterback that he is. The Rams looked ill prepared.

Boston sports fans are everywhere because that city is far and away the greatest sports town in the world, while the Rams have only been in Los Angeles for three years and are still building up a fanbase.
Part of the argument for moving the Rams back to LA in the first place was that they still had a good amount of fans from their first tenure in LA/Anaheim. That doesn't seem to be the case - they're often not even the highest-rated NFL game on TV in the LA market.

I think I said it elsewhere, but the Lakers are mediocre and a bit of dumpster fire at the moment and I've seen them get way more talk from LA media than the Rams. It's going to take a LOT to turn that city into a football town. It'll be hard for them to even pass the Dodgers, IMO.

Part of the argument for moving the Rams back to LA in the first place was that they still had a good amount of fans from their first tenure in LA/Anaheim. That doesn't seem to be the case - they're often not even the highest-rated NFL game on TV in the LA market.

I think I said it elsewhere, but the Lakers are mediocre and a bit of dumpster fire at the moment and I've seen them get way more talk from LA media than the Rams. It's going to take a LOT to turn that city into a football town. It'll be hard for them to even pass the Dodgers, IMO.
Yeah they're miles behind the Lakers and Dodgers.

If the Rams remain this good for a while though, they'll become more popular. Patriots fans hardly existed until the Tom Brady Reign of Terror began, and that's taking into account that Boston is often called the biggest sports town in the world.

And Goff finally looked like the rookie quarterback that he is. The Rams looked ill prepared.

I’d say it’s more of Goff looking terrible. The play calls weren’t the problem, he missed wide open guys all game

If the Rams remain this good for a while though, they'll become more popular. Patriots fans hardly existed until the Tom Brady Reign of Terror began, and that's taking into account that Boston is often called the biggest sports town in the world.

Fair point, the Pats were league laughingstocks before Bellichick took over.

Now, the good news is, if you actually want you can still watch some football! Next Saturday the AAF Starts!

It looks like my time was well spent catching fish instead of wasting my time watching that crap show

I've had a better time watching guys for 3 hours trying to score at a local watering hole than this SB.

How big were New Orleans' Super Bowl protest parties? Let us show you
We didn't yet know who would win the Super Bowl. But we did know who would win Super Bowl Sunday: That honor went to the Who Dat Nation, who turned out by the thousands to second-line, party and dance the day away.

These folks didn't watch the big game on TV on Sunday (Feb. 3). But that doesn't mean they didn't have any fun.

Saints fans across New Orleans filled bars, venues and the streets to show their defiance to the NFL. See how big the crowds were in the posts and photos below.

Click on the link. I wish that I could've been there.

https://www.nola.com/expo/life-and-...per-bowl-protest-parties-let-us-show-you.html

0e2_04blackoutgoldparade02.jpeg

7e1_04blackoutgoldparade07.jpeg
f17_04blackoutgoldparade09.jpeg

the half timeshow and the game actually were the worst Ive ever seen

Heard this interesting piece of trivia on the radio yesterday....in last year’s Super Bowl the Patriots scored the most points ever for a losing team (33), in this year’s Super Bowl they scored the fewest points ever for a winning team (13).

Back
Top Bottom