Super Bowl LV

Id be curious to see what the ratings drop off was as that game progressed. what a freakin stinker that was.

Id be curious to see what the ratings drop off was as that game progressed. what a freakin stinker that was.
The Patriots-Rams game two years ago was bad too, but at least the outcome of that one was in doubt until well into the 4th quarter. Last night was pretty much over by early in the 3rd.

KC should put him on the roster. He could have gotten them a touchdown. CBS dropped the ball when they cut away to a commercial during what turned out to have been one of the most exciting runs of the day. That guy was dodging and spinning and nose diving right into the end zone for a touchdown. :D

KC should put him on the roster. He could have gotten them a touchdown. CBS dropped the ball when they cut away to a commercial during what turned out to have been one of the most exciting runs of the day. That guy was dodging and spinning and nose diving right into the end zone for a touchdown. :D
That radio call was the best part of the game

When Brady signed with Tampa: “haha, Tampa sucks and Brady is washed, what a dumb move for both parties!”

people now: “any QB would’ve won with Tampa Bay!”

🙄

people are leaving out Tom Brady is 43 and had more then 50 touchdowns this season counting the playoffs. 50. At 43. Nobody will ever match the high level he’s played this late into his career. And now he can add inheriting a team that hadn’t made the playoffs since 2007 and beating Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes to win a super bowl to his resume. Peyton Manning was Brady’s main rival his whole career, Manning was a corpse his final year, and has been retired long enough to be inducted into the hall. Meanwhile, Brady has been to 4 Super Bowls and won 3 in that time period lmao. Best team sports athlete ever. There will never be another like him

It was rigged. He was there. I saw any army of cardboard Hugo Chavez's in the stands (camouflage) and I have proof the scoreboard programming came from Venezuela.

I don't know if those 2 security guards couldn't keep up with him because of their weight or they really didn't want to catch up to him. If I would have been a security guard I would have definitely sand bagged and let the other one tackle him. As soon as I saw that pink thong I would have said hell no and shifted down a gear immediately. :)

I don't know if those 2 security guards couldn't keep up with him because of their weight or they really didn't want to catch up to him. If I would have been a security guard I would have definitely sand bagged and let the other one tackle him. As soon as I saw that pink thong I would have said hell no and shifted down a gear immediately. :)
Maybe he slowed down on purpose so they couldn't help but catch him.
Maybe they if they would have put a security runner in front of him he would just chased him on down to the jail house.

Maybe he slowed down on purpose so they couldn't help but catch him.
Maybe they if they would have put a security runner in front of him he would just chased him on down to the jail house.
He is going to be pretty popular in jail wearing that thong. :)

As a resident of Missouri, I thank the Tampa Brady's for hopefully shutting down this "Mahomes is the GOAT" talk. Jesus Christ people, calm down with the nonsense. Not saying anything about the future, but let's calm expectations a bit

Yeah, people are always too quick with their hype for the "next all-time greatest". RGIII had the same thing. At least the Mahomes Chiefs have a ring.

Well, nobody is saying that, but fact is Brady won 7 superbowls and no one else has.
To be fair, Belichick has 8 rings. But coaches don’t make sexy headlines like players.

Bill won his SB without Brady first.

And now he can add inheriting a team that hadn’t made the playoffs since 2007 and beating Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes to win a super bowl to his resume.
This is where I think narratives like this are dumb. Every point scored in the superbowl were with players that weren’t there before the season started. Brady, Gronk, AB, Fournette and Succop. Brady is the leader of the offense and after signing Brady, the Bucs made damn sure to put incredible weapons around him. The idea that Brady came along and suddenly made the Bucs a championship team by his arm alone is disingenuous. They added the GOAT QB, a HOF TE, an all-pro WR, a top 5 draft pick RB and a very consistent kicker to round out the offense.

Also, I’ve never been a fan of the “QB battles”. QBs never compete against each other. They never see the field at the same time, they never face the same defenses and they have different weapons on offense. QBs battle defenses, not other QBs. The players you mentioned were halted by Tampa’s defense, not Tom Brady.

When Brady signed with Tampa: “haha, Tampa sucks and Brady is washed, what a dumb move for both parties!”

people now: “any QB would’ve won with Tampa Bay!”

🙄

people are leaving out Tom Brady is 43 and had more then 50 touchdowns this season counting the playoffs. 50. At 43. Nobody will ever match the high level he’s played this late into his career. And now he can add inheriting a team that hadn’t made the playoffs since 2007 and beating Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes to win a super bowl to his resume. Peyton Manning was Brady’s main rival his whole career, Manning was a corpse his final year, and has been retired long enough to be inducted into the hall. Meanwhile, Brady has been to 4 Super Bowls and won 3 in that time period lmao. Best team sports athlete ever. There will never be another like him

These dual-threat quarterbacks have changed the game in terms of perception. When you watch quarterbacks like Mahomes and Jackson, I think their Razzle Dazzle just makes people bored with traditional, pocket passer quarterbacks like Brady. The Razzle Dazzle and the stat lines these Dual Threat QBs post also makes it seem like their team couldn't win without them.

Brady's not as fun to watch as Mahomes. Tom Brady is like Scott Dixon and Patrick Mahomes is like Alexander Rossi. Dixon is experienced, methodical and just gets the job done. Rossi is aggressive, flashy, and entertaining. I cheer for Rossi when watching IndyCar races, but if I was looking for a driver to drive for me, I'd take Dixon. Guy's a surgeon, like Brady.

Brady's not as fun to watch as Mahomes. Tom Brady is like Scott Dixon and Patrick Mahomes is like Alexander Rossi. Dixon is experienced, methodical and just gets the job done. Rossi is aggressive, flashy, and entertaining. I cheer for Rossi when watching IndyCar races, but if I was looking for a driver to drive for me, I'd take Dixon. Guy's a surgeon, like Brady.

That's a good analogy.

These dual-threat quarterbacks have changed the game in terms of perception. When you watch quarterbacks like Mahomes and Jackson, I think their Razzle Dazzle just makes people bored with traditional, pocket passer quarterbacks like Brady. The Razzle Dazzle and the stat lines these Dual Threat QBs post also makes it seem like their team couldn't win without them.

If the Chiefs had a pocket passer, the game would have been a lot worse. Mahomes ran for nearly 500 yards total while he was pressured. Meanwhile, Brady only had 4 pressures all game.

As a whole, so far the dual threat QBs in the NFL is a failed experiment. They never seem to have offense lines that can keep them safe. Vick, Newton, Watson, McNabb, Jackson, etc.. have all gotten destroyed and seem to break over time. They can’t keep taking the hits. Even the Broncos made sure that Peyton was protected after his neck injury at Indy and Peyton lead the offense to two SB appearances and a win.

Brady with his quick release is a de facto mobile quarterback, that doesn't have to take as many hits.

As a whole, so far the dual threat QBs in the NFL is a failed experiment. They never seem to have offense lines that can keep them safe. Vick, Newton, Watson, McNabb, Jackson, etc.. have all gotten destroyed and seem to break over time. They can’t keep taking the hits. Even the Broncos made sure that Peyton was protected after his neck injury at Indy and Peyton lead the offense to two SB appearances and a win.

That's another reason I'd take the pocket passer QB. They have more longevity. Seems like Russ is the only dual-threat quarterback that's stayed healthy and been able to play at peak performance mode for more than a few years. But he is also a really good pocket passer, and I think Mahomes is too.

Brady reminds me most of Nicklas Lidstrom for the Red Wings. Guy made the playoffs all 20 years with the Red Wings, won 4 Stanley cups, 7x defenseman of the year and 12x All Star. Lidstrom was Defenseman of the Year at age 41 as well. Not the flashiest player, but ruthlessly efficient, never made mistakes, and had an incredible shot.

I also want to say, that was arguably the worst Super Bowl ever. One of the most hyped matchups ever, a loaded 15-1 team with the best QB in the game against a 6x champ and loads of veterans getting their second chance. End result, 15-1 team gets dominated up front and loses by 22. Wasn’t even remotely interesting

I also want to say, that was arguably the worst Super Bowl ever. One of the most hyped matchups ever, a loaded 15-1 team with the best QB in the game against a 6x champ and loads of veterans getting their second chance. End result, 15-1 team gets dominated up front and loses by 22. Wasn’t even remotely interesting
The Chiefs were 14-2, but yeah, I thought it’d be a better game than what it turned out to be.

Brady’s career has come full circle though....in his first Super Bowl win his 11-5 Patriots beat a 14-2 team from Missouri. Last night, his 11-5 Buccaneers beat a 14-2 team from Missouri.

I'll be honest I love watching a beat down if I hate the other team. I cant hate mahomes even if he is ****y. This game was lame even if brady got another ring. Boring, but in a good way if you are a bucs fan.

Im just griping cause my saints have to deal with brady in our division lol...

I'll be honest I love watching a beat down if I hate the other team. I cant hate mahomes even if he is ****y. This game was lame even if brady got another ring. Boring, but in a good way if you are a bucs fan.

Im just griping cause my saints have to deal with brady in our division lol...
Mahomes is awesome and will have a great career. Those 3 penalties in the second Q hurt them pretty bad.

This is where I think narratives like this are dumb. Every point scored in the superbowl were with players that weren’t there before the season started. Brady, Gronk, AB, Fournette and Succop. Brady is the leader of the offense and after signing Brady, the Bucs made damn sure to put incredible weapons around him. The idea that Brady came along and suddenly made the Bucs a championship team by his arm alone is disingenuous. They added the GOAT QB, a HOF TE, an all-pro WR, a top 5 draft pick RB and a very consistent kicker to round out the offense.

Also, I’ve never been a fan of the “QB battles”. QBs never compete against each other. They never see the field at the same time, they never face the same defenses and they have different weapons on offense. QBs battle defenses, not other QBs. The players you mentioned were halted by Tampa’s defense, not Tom Brady.

I mean, there’s one common denominator in all of this success and it’s now happened with two different lackluster franchises he won Super Bowls with his first year as a starter. Gronk was called washed up, and had been out of the league a year. Fournette was signed the day before the season and nobody thought he had anything left. AB I’ll give you, but he hasn’t played a full season since 2017. This revisionist history pretending Tampa is this all time great team when everyone said they had no chance against New Orleans, Green Bay, and KC is just typical Brady hating moving the goalposts. He has more rings then any other franchise, and is the all time leader in every individual QB category lol.

Brady's not as fun to watch as Mahomes.
Not to mention, we've seen Brady enough.. the story line is hold and boring.

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of Brady, Rodgers, and Brees. its time for new blood to rise to the top.

The NFL changed the rules years ago for QBs like Brady, if you breath on him, you get a flag. QBs like Brady are no longer football players.

Its one of the reason's his career has lasted as long as it has.

The dude is a whiner and cheater, i think people are just over that crap.

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of Brady, Rodgers, and Brees. its time for new blood to rise to the top.

The NFL changed the rules years ago for QBs like Brady, if you breath on him, you get a flag. QBs like Brady are no longer football players.

I agree but those same rules are what has allowed players like Mahomes and Jackson to run around like RBs. 20 years ago Mahomes and Jackson would’ve been steamrolled.

The one where the Seattle beat Denver by 35 was probably worse to watch IMO, but as far as not meeting the hype it was the most boring that I remember. Brady's been my favorite player forever so I enjoyed it, but I would've liked a more competitive game.

I agree but those same rules are what has allowed players like Mahomes and Jackson to run around like RBs. 20 years ago Mahomes and Jackson would’ve been steamrolled.
I disagree with that. We had a qb here in Carolina that would take helmet to helmet hits in the pocket and wouldn’t get the calls.

those qbs are treated differently

Hmmm...seems if my memory is not having a glitch it was Mahomes that had to leave a game this year due to a concussion. ;)

Yep, and they still get banged on enough to have to sit out games.

I disagree with that. We had a qb here in Carolina that would take helmet to helmet hits in the pocket and wouldn’t get the calls.

those qbs are treated differently
That sounds like an officials problem.

Back
Top Bottom