Super Bowl XLII

A

ajk112802

Well, who will it be? Does anyone think the Giants have a chance? Do you think the "Any given Sunday..." philosophy could prove true?
Unfortunately, I'm leaning towards a New England blow out...but there's still that little part of me that thinks, "you never know.":idunno:

a friend just sent me this...

Super Bowl Seat

A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl. As he sits down, a man comes down and asked the man if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him.
"No", he said, "the seat is empty".
"This is incredible", said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl , the biggest sport event in the world, and not use it ?"
Somberly, the man says, "Well... the seat actually belongs to me. I was supposed to come here with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we have not been together since we got married in 1967."
"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else - a friend, or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

The man shakes his head, "No. They're all at the funeral."

Well of course you all know i live in Ma. and i'm an avid Red Sox and Patriots fan, so i'll go out on a limb and say it will be close up until about the middle of the third quarter. Then the Pats turn it on.....Patriots 41 Giants 17, sorry Giant fans , but i don't think Eli will rise above all the hype and pressure . He has a long career ahead of him though and has shown great promise the past couple of games, his leadership of the team has grown , so has his confidence. I just can't see the Pats loosing this game. Bill has way too much to prove, all the so called distractions of this spy crap will just fuel the players, make them more focused. Bill thrives on this kind of stuff, so watch out....19-0 baby!!!:beerbang: :beerbang: :D

Super Bowl Seat

A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl. As he sits down, a man comes down and asked the man if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him.
"No", he said, "the seat is empty".
"This is incredible", said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl , the biggest sport event in the world, and not use it ?"
Somberly, the man says, "Well... the seat actually belongs to me. I was supposed to come here with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we have not been together since we got married in 1967."
"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else - a friend, or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

The man shakes his head, "No. They're all at the funeral."

LMAO!!

Good one ajk. :D

Oh and yeah, the pats will steam rolled the Giants. lol

Well just like "Any Given Sunday" I'll be heading out to watch a basketball game. Then a late lunch. I'll blow off the SB party they're throwing from work, as I have for years. I'll go home and watch some and probably get bored with the pampered athletes and turn to something else.

Yeah, bp, me, too. I've found a decent movie an hour after the game starts, so I'll probably switch ovr. I'll keep an eye on the game, but won't watch steadily.

The year was 1969 and I was living in a barracks just outside of Topeka, Kansas and it was the Super Bowl with the New York Jets going up against the heavily favored Baltimore Colts. The day room was crowded for sure and there were two of us who were rooting for the lowly Jets. Imagine how we felt when the game was over.

Anything can happen when it comes to this game. One can anylize it to death and still, anything can happen. I only hope that the game is a good one, but if it's not, I hope that there will be outstanding moments that make the game something to remember, such as the winning team just continuing to overpower the losers with either defense or offense, or both. But as I said, I hope that it's close and the winner won't be known until the very end.

The year was 1969 and I was living in a barracks just outside of Topeka, Kansas and it was the Super Bowl with the New York Jets going up against the heavily favored Baltimore Colts. The day room was crowded for sure and there were two of us who were rooting for the lowly Jets. Imagine how we felt when the game was over.

Anything can happen when it comes to this game. One can anylize it to death and still, anything can happen. I only hope that the game is a good one, but if it's not, I hope that there will be outstanding moments that make the game something to remember, such as the winning team just continuing to overpower the losers with either defense or offense, or both. But as I said, I hope that it's close and the winner won't be known until the very end.
No one believed in the Jets. Baltimore was heavily favored. I remember it well. A guy was stupid enough to bet me .....even up, no points....that the Jets would win if I gave him 10 to 1 odds. The bet was for $10, I had a lock.
That was the game that Namath Guaranteed the Jets would win.

Pittsburgh and its suburbs is the Cradle of Quarterbacks; Marino, Montana, Unitas, Blanda, Jim Kelly, and Namath. There is another kid from there that may exceed them all. A young kid by the name of Terrelle pryor, 6 feet 6 inches and 225 lbs. He averaged a touchdown every 4 times he touched the ball this past season.

Maybeeeeeeee..lol

Its still ain't over though.

The last game is always the hardest one. grrrr

Sorry all you Boston people, but once again, the Big Apple wins. :beerbang:

Not that I'm a Giants fan, but it's always fun to root for the underdog.

Muggle, just like '69, only this time it was Burress made the guarentee instead of Broadway Joe Willy.

Jesus..people here are going nuts..quiet it down people..please. lol

THE GIANTS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!! :D :beerbang: :cool: :p

And that my friends was a football game!

Eff your perfect season Patriots! :rolleyes: The Dolphins still the only team to go undefeated! :D

Go Giants
Does anyone know if this is the frist for brothers to win at quaterback back to back years?

:bounce: WOO-HOO!!! :bounce:
GO GIANTs!!! :partytime

What a GREAT way to end the 2007 football season! I guess there is something to be said about 'Any Given Sunday.'
...and to the 72 Dolphins, pop that Champagne, the record is yours alone :D http://www.rbk.com/us/perfectville/ :D

Patriot's front line couldn't keep my mom and sisters off of the blue light special at the local K-Mart...

Aint that the truth, that was the game right there....boy do i have to eat crow!! The Pats offensive line was just way over matched ...congrats to the Giants they deserved to win, played an awesome game.:beerbang:

I don't even care for football much at all, esp. since the Bills suck bigtime, but that was a GREAT GAME! I was pulling for the underdogs, so that was one exciting ending!! Congrats Giants!!!!!!!

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout;
But there is no joy in New England — mighty Brady has struck out.

Bill Belichick is a cry baby....

Why do you say that? Just because he stomped off the field before the game was over. Along with a lot of the Patriots.

Unfortuantely the Pats left this guy on the Giants sidelines. He was able to sneak off in the ensuing celebration without being spotted...

cameraman.jpg

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout;
But there is no joy in New England — mighty Brady has struck out.

Well said. Tom Brady is a great quarterback, but he had a terrible game on the world's biggest stage. It became almost uncomfortable watching him miss open receivers all night long. I had to wonder how confusing it was for the casual fan to watch that game. Joe Buck kept saying that Tom Brady was the best quarterback in the game and possibly of all-time. But the fans saw the guy play a terrible game. Brady is great, but Peyton Manning is a better quarterback right now, period. And all-time? Not even close.

I would not even want to try ranking the quarterbacks. There have been some great ones. Brady and Manning (take your pick :) ) are just the current crop of good quarterbacks. Each decade is quite different.

Well said. Tom Brady is a great quarterback, but he had a terrible game on the world's biggest stage. It became almost uncomfortable watching him miss open receivers all night long. I had to wonder how confusing it was for the casual fan to watch that game. Joe Buck kept saying that Tom Brady was the best quarterback in the game and possibly of all-time. But the fans saw the guy play a terrible game. Brady is great, but Peyton Manning is a better quarterback right now, period. And all-time? Not even close.

How can he be a great quaterback when his offensive line was nothing but a revolving door all night? That was a strange game, all year the Patriots' offensive line was pretty damn good, all of sudden they can't play...weird to say the least. I'm not a conspiracy type person by any means, but i watched most of the game over again after about a day and there were a lot of inconsistencies in that game. How were the Pats able to march right down the field in the fourth quarter like they owned the joint ? Yet they couldn't do crap all game? Then the Giants come right back to Burress with the winning TD pass. If you notice, the SuperBowl was pretty much exactly the same as the last game of the year between these two teams. Only differences were a lower score and a different winner, but the games were very similar. I don't know, maybe i'm reading too much into it being a Pat fan, but a lot of guys at work , even Giants fans felt that this Bowl was a little " strange".

I would not even want to try ranking the quarterbacks. There have been some great ones. Brady and Manning (take your pick :) ) are just the current crop of good quarterbacks. Each decade is quite different.

Let us not forget Bobby Douglas for the Chicago Bears. :eek: Oh you said the best, not the hardest throwing. My bad... ;)

Let us not forget Bobby Douglas for the Chicago Bears. :eek: Oh you said the best, not the hardest throwing. My bad... ;)
The best pure throwing quarterback was Sonny Jurgensen. It was as much a joy watching him throw the football as it was to watch Bill Mazerowski play second base. :)

The best pure throwing quarterback was Sonny Jurgensen. It was as much a joy watching him throw the football as it was to watch Bill Mazerowski play second base. :)

Yeah, I loved that bald headed man. Through the years, we have watched the developement of the throwing QB. The game has changed over the years and so we can't really say that just because a QB today gets record after record for throwing completions and TD's, that doesn't make him better. Just as we can ask the question...if Randy Moss better than Lynn Swan? Art Monk? And others? Those guys played when the majority of the plays were running plays, but one could say that Lynn Swan was an absolute genius at wide receiver. (I'm sure I'm going to get someone to respond those this. :) )

Back
Top Bottom