Super Sebring 2019

Looks like Sebring is about the one thing this Ford GT program won't have won, if this truly is the final year. In actuality WTR and Ford probably both would've been better off if went green the whole way, they were charging and didn't get good enough of a restart.

I enjoyed watching Sebring. I had it on while I did domestic chores so I was able to catch some of the stories, strategies and changing track conditions. One thing that struck me is that all of the classes looked like race cars. The other thing I noticed was that the cars had suspensions; Sebring is a bumpy track but some of those bumps were huge, I didn't expect race cars to bounce that much. Sports cars should be raced. The lighting embellishments allow the cars to be identified during night races - the Ford GTs were easy to identify.

IMSA is off to a bad start with weather this year! At least this time it just wrecked the first hour and then we had 11 hours of great racing.

The big take away of the weekend was that the IMSA show was so much better than the WEC farce that the FAI just had to see it. All they have to do is adopt DPI rules and all their problems will be over. The WEC race was embarrassing, even moreso that it's supposed to be a world championship.

IMSA is off to a bad start with weather this year! At least this time it just wrecked the first hour and then we had 11 hours of great racing.

The big take away of the weekend was that the IMSA show was so much better than the WEC farce that the FAI just had to see it. All they have to do is adopt DPI rules and all their problems will be over. The WEC race was embarrassing, even moreso that it's supposed to be a world championship.
Yeah I thought both the 120 on Friday and the 12 Hours were pretty fun, the 1000 Miles were a chore though outside of GTE. I really hope they come back next year and in the future though, everybody wins. They are reportedly considering integrating the next generation of DPi into the WEC though, because, quite frankly, the whole Hypercar thing is becoming a mess with no commitments from major manufacturers yet. We shall see.

They are reportedly considering integrating the next generation of DPi into the WEC though, because, quite frankly, the whole Hypercar thing is becoming a mess with no commitments from major manufacturers yet. We shall see.

Well, that would be the best solution ever, but since it's not their idea the French will never play along.

The very best thing they could do is stick to IMSA's original plan....use the privateers P2 car as the baseline of performance. That way any qualified team in the world can go buy a car and race to win.

3 hours in on YouTube, and a Mazda driver is running with a fire extinguisher...priceless. :lol2:

Where the hell did Jordan come from?? Nasr had a huge lead!

I cheated and sought this out to finish off watching this last night. Really good last 1 hour or so of racing. Would have liked to have seen it unfold without the full course caution.

Nasr was getting pissed off hitting GTD traffic, he hip checked a Porsche out of the way at one point, before that he lost a grip of time on tires when Jordan pitted in 1 lap ahead of him. Solid job by him to hold off the charge under pressure.

Back
Top Bottom