Take a picture, I'm gonna criticize

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I believe they get practice and qualifying at the COTA and I believe all of the new tracks they are going to. I wondered about Reddick. He was throwing a morgue about finishing second at Homestead sniff sniff, and now he's crying about somebody else getting some practice time he already had at COTA. Don't be whiney Reddick. There are already enough whiners in Nascar and some are much better at it than you will probably ever be.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
SOP for Goodyear tire tests.

Everybody gets pre-race laps at COTA ... made better by having tire test data. There are some serious snowflakes racing cars these days.

ToyYoda

Team Owner
I believe they get practice and qualifying at the COTA and I believe all of the new tracks they are going to. I wondered about Reddick. He was throwing a morgue about finishing second at Homestead sniff sniff, and now he's crying about somebody else getting some practice time he already had at COTA. Don't be whiney Reddick. There are already enough whiners in Nascar and some are much better at it than you will probably ever be.
Cryler Reddick?

Truex_rox

19 looks better than ever.
Christopher Bell won at the Daytona RC, and I'm sure none of us had him pegged to come off that well. Reddick will be fine.

Kiante

Team Owner
Damn, imagine a driver being mad about coming in second.

I like that energy, he expects more out of himself. Nothing wrong with a driver being self critical.

Snappy D

2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
I can't believe the board turned on Reddick this quick, has to be a record in my short 4 years here.
1614786166510.gif

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Nobody has turned on Reddick snowflake. Some of us think a second place finish isn't something to be sad about unless you lose by a bumper and even then it isn't that bad. Reddick had a hell of a weekend, he finished 2nd in both races.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Eh, it's similar to Gragson hammering Starr. Gragson and Clint Boyer have both said that a driver can tell when a tire is cording, it isn't like a flat tire. The Starr side won't accept that as a reason to call Starr out. :idunno:

MRM

Team Owner
So, past champions are no longer allowed to do Goodyear tire tests? Yes, it is a bit of an advantage. But to say they can't participate is also a built-in disadvantage. The only way it's fair to everyone is to let all of them test or none of them. And having them do no testing on a new track is a risky propostition.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
They've been doing it this way for years.

If everybody is out there it isn't tire testing ... it's practice.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
I say they make it interesting.

Let Bubba Wallace, Ryan Newman, and Alex Bowman test with Keseloski’s brake bias setting. Use that god awful data for the actual race. That’ll be super productive.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I say they make it interesting.

Let Bubba Wallace, Ryan Newman, and Alex Bowman test with Keseloski’s brake bias setting. Use that god awful data for the actual race. That’ll be super productive.
Hell, just use Wallace's, he's lost on road courses.

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
Yah know, if I wanted tire data from a new road course, I'd want experienced drivers collecting it and providing feedback.

It's not like these guys are out there setting their own agendas, trying whatever setings they want. Goodyear tells them what configurations they want tested and how long they want them to run. Yeah, they'll learn a bit but it's not like the crew chiefs are doing whatever they want.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Yah know, if I wanted tire data from a new road course, I'd want experienced drivers collecting it and providing feedback.

It's not like these guys are out there setting their own agendas, trying whatever setings they want. Goodyear tells them what configurations they want tested and how long they want them to run. Yeah, they'll learn a bit but it's not like the crew chiefs are doing whatever they want.
I've read that Goodyear picks the drivers they want for the specific at track tests. If that is the case, they picked well for each manufacturer.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
The best tire testers are able to provide consistency ... line and lap times that repeat after each change.

Without that, test data is meaningless.

Top Bottom