Take a picture of your current view

This is Fuzz. He’s almost 8.
35F1D4B1-B8ED-4610-87A2-277F5C883D01.jpeg

Length of track? At speed, how fast do the dragsters go? How do they stop without damage at such high speeds? Just another old man filled with curiosity.

Length of track? At speed, how fast do the dragsters go? How do they stop without damage at such high speeds? Just another old man filled with curiosity.
My bracket dragsters do between 52 to 62 mph. But a heads up AA-FC will do over 160 mph. The standard track length is 55 ft from the starting line to the finish line and there is around 10 to 15 ft of shutdown. The shutdown area has a special glue that slows them down to a stop. There are different blends of glue to use for traction control that a racer can but on their tiires to hook them up at the starting line. I have all of my brackets cars geared so that I don’t have to use any glue on them. Plus the Controlers are pretty sophisticated and you can soften up your ramp speed.

After going back and looking at some of the pics in this thread I have to say clutch has some really awesome pics.

Forgot to post this pic from last month. We were sitting around the campfire and saw this traveling across the sky. We had no clue what it was until the next day. Found out that this was a rocket that was launched in Florida that was heading up along the Atlantic coast. It was a Starlink launch.

772D2AF8-6AEA-4E58-B66B-7DFE0BA2EAF2.jpeg

I am jealous that you get to see so many aircraft up close Clutch! thanks for sharing

Our view from the kitchen window.
Regualar house garbage pickup has resumed a few weeks ago and collection of some of the yard waste, twigs, leaves, etc., a few bags of debris collected but still piles of other constructions debris in piles around the neighborhood. I'll rent a truck this coming week and take most of it on my property to the landfill. We're waiting for the tree cleanup to begin. No time frame on that and as of today no word from insurance company other than the adjuster being here in early October

** Click on photos to enlarge **

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpeg
    IMG_0542.jpeg
    537.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0541.jpeg
    IMG_0541.jpeg
    579.2 KB · Views: 96
Cleanup of debris was done yesterday. A chap with an F-350 pulling a tandem axle trailer with sigh sides and dump body was coming through and asking if we wanted him to clean up the debris. Paid him fifty bucks and it was gone. Seems there is a raging battle between FEMA and Sarasota County plus our community in the respect FEMA says we are a commercial enterprise - we are not as we own our property and units - and a private community since we are gated. Sarasota County officials tell FEMA we have signed a lease allowing them to use our streets to clean up debris and only yesterday have they acknowledged we are not commercial.
Hopefully the county and governmental agency will work things out and we can get the large [piles of tree debris removed.

This morning at 7:30am

View attachment 65654
What is the container on a stand in the background? Does it release pellets or food for wildlife? Or does it have another purpose? It isn't familiar to me but I'm not a hunter although I spent many a night at deer camp playing cards, telling jokes and listening to the kids about the one they almost shot that day. Even went on a snipe hunt in Texas back in 1955.

What is the container on a stand in the background? Does it release pellets or food for wildlife? Or does it have another purpose? It isn't familiar to me but I'm not a hunter although I spent many a night at deer camp playing cards, telling jokes and listening to the kids about the one they almost shot that day. Even went on a snipe hunt in Texas back in 1955.

An automatic feeder. Throws whole corn twice a day, 7:30am and 4:30PM.

Rainy and chilly. Took off shorts and shirt sleeved shirt to cover with jeans, tee shirt and long sleeve shirt to combat the dampness. After living in Florida for six years find anything seventy or below to be cold. I suppose being eighty-six has something to do with it as well. Yesterday morning my neighbors came over to help install an aluminum canopy over the kitchen door as rain was blowing in around bad seals. Door and frame were damaged during the hurricane and insurance company hasn't settled so we make do until we know what their plans are for damages.

Went out yesterday pricing vinyl siding and Hardie Plank siding. Really not that much difference in price and thinking I'll go with Hardie Plank and do it with a couple of my neighbors. Deal is, they help me and I help them as we all need to replace some siding and one other chap wants to replace it all as do we. These manufactured homes have no backer board behind the siding so that is going to change and will use 7/16 OSB with tyvec weatherproofing and Hardie Plank siding.

Temp this morning was 58 degrees and rain with brisk winds. Yesterday (Saturday, 11/19) the community rented a JD on tracks with claw attachment and moved piles of tree debris as FEMA is coming tomorrow (Monday 11/21) to begin cleanup. They had to drag piles from corner and out from under trees where it had been stacked so their machines can load the trucks and trailers. The first photo is the temporary install of the canopy over kitchen door. Next is stacks of debris from trees and machine moving it. Third, fourth and fifth photos were taken this morning from kitchen door to street going from right to left. Hopefully, Tuesday we'll look out and find all the debris gone. Those piles of debris were damaged portions of three oak trees in yard plus a neighbors two palm trees felled by the storm.

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    437.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0556.jpeg
    IMG_0556.jpeg
    399.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0557.jpeg
    IMG_0557.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0558.jpeg
    IMG_0558.jpeg
    407.6 KB · Views: 83
YEE HAAAaaaaa!! The cleanup crews arrived late yesterday afternoon and started to remove debis from in front. We were told they would not return until November 28 as crews had been working 7 days since cleanup began early October. Much to our surprise they arrived on scene this morning and we were numero uno for cleanup. They started on our property and the one across the road at 7:30 a.m. and it has taken 2 1/2 hours to clean up our section. They rake up after and take everything away.
The following are photos taken from right to left as the last post, this time with cleanup completed. Brown spots are not leaves but dead grass from where the piles were. Now effort to replace grass and buy some top soil and grass seed to help things along a little.
We added a cover to the washer/dryer and created Judy's Open Air Laundromat. There were strong winds and hard rain over the weekend so we took it down but have reinstalled same and used concrete blocks as anchors.
Things are looking up!!

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpeg
    IMG_0572.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0571.jpeg
    IMG_0571.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0570.jpeg
    IMG_0570.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 80
Looks pretty nasty out there. Do you keep the rig running or plugged in at truck stop?
If you are stuck there until the roads are safe for travel it must suck. Do you get internet so you can watch movies but then again, how many movies can you watch.
Miss your adventure reports. Interesting to see what you encounter on a daily basis. Keep us posted!!

Looks pretty nasty out there. Do you keep the rig running or plugged in at truck stop?
If you are stuck there until the roads are safe for travel it must suck. Do you get internet so you can watch movies but then again, how many movies can you watch.
Miss your adventure reports. Interesting to see what you encounter on a daily basis. Keep us posted!!
I’ll answer in the other thread so I don’t hijack this one.

Looks like those pooches take over the living room and keep things under control.
Yep, those pooches run that house. I have about another week to hang out with them before I head back home.

Back
Top Bottom